Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Aircraft value no longer present in UM aircraft  (Read 415 times)

Offline AndreiX

• Members
[-] Aircraft value no longer present in UM aircraft
« on: December 29, 2013, 04:56:51 PM »
When I open an aircraft on the UM on JA, the calculated value of the aircraft is no longer dispayed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:27:31 PM by sami »

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: Aircraft value no longer present in UM aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
yes, that's a problem for me too... was a good help to find out, what buying an aircraft means for the value of my company

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
The removal of the value in its current form is part of the financial system updates. Since the 'value' has no meaning whatsoever in the accounting systems anymore since it's purely a calculated value.

dancingcol

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
sami, how will we know when an aircraft is under/overpriced without the value to compare it to?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 05:30:42 PM »
The 'value' in the current form is useless/wrong if we compare it to any real world accounting metric. The value of the aircraft for the owning airline will decrease over time like it should in real accounting world (and this isn't related to the current purely calculated value), and if the plane is for sale the reasonability of the price has got nothing to do with this value either. ..and it's the buying airline's task to determine if the price is good or not, but there will be some sort of small advisor to it in the future possibly (to protect new players for paying too much mainly).

Offline meiru

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 06:17:58 PM »
all fine, but, is there a way for us to find out what the "book value" and the "security value" would be, if we buy this airplane? ... that's pretty important for me, because I want to use the planes as security for loans and thus I have to know the value of them... and it's also important for me if I want to calculate the value of my company
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:21:43 PM by meiru »

Offline PH1517

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »
The 'value' in the current form is useless/wrong if we compare it to any real world accounting metric. The value of the aircraft for the owning airline will decrease over time like it should in real accounting world (and this isn't related to the current purely calculated value), and if the plane is for sale the reasonability of the price has got nothing to do with this value either. ..and it's the buying airline's task to determine if the price is good or not, but there will be some sort of small advisor to it in the future possibly (to protect new players for paying too much mainly).
I suppose that principle works when there's a bunch of similar aircraft on the UM that can be compared with.  But when there's limited supply, one can post an aircraft at a super high price and the newbie would buy / lease it at that price because he wouldn't know that actual price.

Offline AndreiX

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 11:54:06 AM »

I must say the window with information when selling an aircraft is much better now!
Still, the book value of the aircraft would be great where the old aircraft value was on the UM aircraft...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.