Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Double Order?!?  (Read 271 times)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
[-] Double Order?!?
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »
I put an order in for DOTM to get 31 BAe ATP and somehow the system logged 62 BAe ATP orders and charged me twice (I only ordered them once from one screen).  The interesting part is that it charged me for the order ($41 million) and then I went on and did a few other things and then it charged me again after a delay.  I only noticed when my cash went way down.  The dashboard shows two entries (attached), so I'm not sure what went wrong...

I'd like to cancel the additional 31 orders as I don't need them and will lose the down payment on the leases if I do it from my end.  If you could cancel/reverse the orders and credit the cash back to my account, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:01:27 PM by sami »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Double Order?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
If I remember correct, there's a warning not to "Refresh" the page after the order has been confirmed. Maybe you have accidentally done it, and a duplicate order was issued?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
Yes, like HP said, that is the only way it can happen. If you need them cancelled, please cancel them yourself and let me know how much of the prepayments needs to be returned.

brique

• Former member
Re: [-] Double Order?!?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
I get an annoying bug with Chrome where you click on a button, nothing happens so after a while you click again, then it does it twice : it seems to be noticeable here as the buttons are quite large but you do seem to have to hit the 'middle' as hitting them off-centre doesnt always work, but sometimes does. I do find Chrome to be quite 'laggy' in that regard, but that may be my set-ups fault as I do have a lot of background stuff going on whilst on-line. Anyhows, if the double-order thing happened to me (and similar has happened at other sites/games), I'd assume it was this cause.

Offline meiru

• Members
Re: [-] Double Order?!?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
all such errors can be avoided, if the javascript on the page and the server/session code is written to handle this... it's not such a big deal

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
If I remember correct, there's a warning not to "Refresh" the page after the order has been confirmed. Maybe you have accidentally done it, and a duplicate order was issued?

Refreshing the page should have given a browser alert that I was resubmitting post form data which didn't happen.  Seems there should just be a hidden hash value to ensure that the same unique hash isn't submitted twice.  I will cancel leases and pm sami.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.