Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Changed orders from lease to DP, system canceled another order!?  (Read 381 times)

Offline Jona L.

• Members
Hi there,

GW: Modern Times
Airline:Lauterjung Logistics Ltd. (WSSS/SIN)

So, I wanted to change 3 A340-300E orders from lease to DP. As I figured I didn't have enough cash to 100% DP all 3, I went back (using the [Backspace] key) to only change 2 of them instead.
I unchecked the 3rd one, and clicked selected "Change orders" from the dropdown.

Back came the message:
The selected aircraft orders have been cancelled.

We have refunded a sum of 77 778 328 USD to your account (40% of the downpayment made).
So the system canceled an order, that I didn't even select in the first place, that was already 100% DPed (production slot 22/APR/2008). I have no idea how that happened :/

I changed the other 2 orders to DP thereafter, but still now I only have 13 A343E, which screws over my scheduling plans. I'll have to rely on my luck now to find one on UM, which sucks, as they are bloody hard to find. Let alone the fact I lost 120 million due to the a/c cancellation.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Merry Christmas to you all around the world, have some happy holidays :)

cheers,
[SC] Jona L.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:36:46 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Changed orders from lease to DP, system canceled another order!?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
Cannot replicate this ..

Chose 3x A340 planes you had for lease, changed their payment to direct purchase 100%, pressed 'get quote' .. didn't have money, went back to previous page (listing all orders), where I had all 3 still selected. Unchecked one of those, selected 'change order' again and was prompted with the proper menu again.

You most likely chose the cancel orders instead there .. as when you press back the change order selection was still present there. = user error

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: [-] Changed orders from lease to DP, system canceled another order!?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 04:58:56 AM »
went back to previous page (listing all orders), where I had all 3 still selected.

Does going back using the Return button, and using the Back button on the browser result in difference outcome?

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 04:39:02 AM »
Does going back using the Return button, and using the Back button on the browser result in difference outcome?

I do think so, because the page did not reload.

And if I had selected to cancel the order, why weren't the 2 selected A343E I had still on lease canceled, and instead a completely different one did?!

I still have the page open in my browser (good thing I never shut down my computer ;D ) And will add screenshot(s) in a second.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:42:45 AM by [SC] Jona L. »

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 04:44:14 AM »
Here you go:

Marked with the Black circle are the three selected a/c (the top two being the ones I kept active, bottom one I unchecked). Marked with a red arrow is the missing spot in the production line (22/APR/2008), which got canceled, and was never checked at any point.

[EDIT: need to upload to imageshack first, file too large]

[EDIT 2: done]

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:50:09 AM by [SC] Jona L. »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.