Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Massive aircraft parking fee  (Read 572 times)

Offline dmoose42

• Members
[ok] Massive aircraft parking fee
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:57:47 PM »
Sami, my weekly aircraft parking costs have been roughly 35,000 a weekin Jet Age.  However, in week 32, these costs jumped to 61.7 MILLION.  Is the cost for airplane storage exponential?  I didn't add any planes to storage that week but I assumet hat planes on the UM (or without routes) are now being charged some type of storage fee.  I have 400 planes on the UM (down from 500 as I have been working through them since the announcement and 75 without routes (down from 300).  Am I being charged $00k a plane for storage?  this seems excessive.

Thanks,

dmoose42 (Peanut Airlines)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:36:21 AM by sami »

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: Massive aircraft parking fee
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:08:26 AM »
Yes, there is something terribly wrong with the calculation.....I am getting a weekly parking fee of $399 MILLION, more than double my revenue. Please look into this and refund all improperly billed funds.

Edit: The calculation appears to only heavily affect JA. In MT, I have ~20 idle frames plus 5 on the market and my fee is $1.8m a week.....stupid high still and has to be wrong at nearly $100,000 a week per frame, but not crippling. In DOTM, 17 idle frames plus 50 on the market costs me about $500k a week, but JA I am getting slapped with a $400m a week fee. I will be in the red in 3 weeks at this rate.....More than $1 BILLION has been take from my account there. I do have a large number of idle frames, about 180 (because I simply dont have time to waste manually changing schedules to new types <cough> auto transfer to new type feature request <cough>) But that boils down to over $2 million per frame per week.

Second edit.....I have about 12 real life hours before I am beyond the point of no return in JA if this is not fixed.....Go from $50m a week profits to $350m losses....c'mon, really?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:22:19 AM by JetWestInc »
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:32 AM »
Removed for now, have to see later today why it does that + issue refund for that wrong bill there. Was tested with big fleets though so no idea .. But gotta run now, will check later.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:03:45 AM »
Total parking fees charged in JA in the 4 or so game weeks this was active: -1 368 323 440 USD
CEO PacAir

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
The fees have been zeroed but fix for the issue is pending still, meanwhile feature remains disabled.

(btw. JetWest, you have in JA game a total of 191 planes idle and 631 for sale .. total = 822.  .. so it will cost something.. though not THAT much ..  ::))

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »
The fees have been zeroed but fix for the issue is pending still, meanwhile feature remains disabled.

(btw. JetWest, you have in JA game a total of 191 planes idle and 631 for sale .. total = 822.  .. so it will cost something.. though not THAT much ..  ::))

Yes, fully expect a parking fee...but yeah, more than twice revenue is obviously way off. I would like to scrap a ton of planes, but I really don't have time to go through plane by plane 631 times and scrap each one...that is 4 hours work. We can move planes to the desert in bunches, how about batch scrapping to make the process a lot easier?

While on the subject.....while I agree that something needed to be done on the used market parking, the measures taken were extreme (that little button that says "show only aircraft with valid C/D checks" is all that was really needed) and the rules were again changed mid game. If parking fees, planes getting removed from the market due to expired checks, and the need for desert storage is the future, I am fine with it. But taking an airline I have worked on for 8 months and all of a sudden saying that what I have done for more than a half a year is  not ok anymore is just plain wrong. The -right- thing to do is to make the change applicable to new game worlds only. Many if not most players that currently play aircraft broker would likely stop in new worlds then, but a player can not undo half a game worlds work with the wave of a wand.
CEO PacAir

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
Sami, even though there was clearly an error in the calculation (thanks for reversing the fees until it is corrected), to be honest, I LIKE the desert storage option to significantly reduce the costs of plane storage.  However, by pushing users to bury planes in the desert or scrap them, I suspect that we will find a lot of airlines being a lot less likely to buy planes with the intent of leasing them out as the inactivity costs while the planes are waiting to be leased out are going up.  If that's the goal (since a lot of airlines indiscriminately buy planes as a tax shelter), then this is probably a good direction to go.  However, I suspect it will serve to reduce liquidity in good but moderately popular aircraft, forcing those lines to close earlier as airlines not using those types will stay away because the leasing market is a less viable option.  I know I will be less likely to buy planes to lease.

I agree with JetWest that a simpler option could be a toggle that allows the user to screen out frames without valid C/D checks would be good (in fact - i suggest that the default setting should be to screen those frames out).

Cheers.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »
At least u get taxes back at the end of the year ;)

BD

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »
...However, I suspect it will serve to reduce liquidity in good but moderately popular aircraft, forcing those lines to close earlier as airlines not using those types will stay away because the leasing market is a less viable option.  I know I will be less likely to buy planes to lease.
I was hit with parking fee as I am transitioning to jets, but the fees were reasonable.  Maybe so because they are props?

Anyway, yes, reduced liquidity, perhaps.  We already see that on the smaller aircraft and that is logged in this feature request:  http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,50042.0.html

Might be a reason to up the priority on that vs holding off on fixing this bug and reimplementing the new parking fee feature.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
All of the planes (save maybe a handful) were jets so I don't think it was a prop/jet thing.  I suspect Sami is right when he thought it might be something to do with how inflation is calculated OR there is some type of exponential component similar to commonality beyond 3 fleets.  However, costs seemed to drop fairly linearly when i started scrapping planes...anywho...at least I didn't get hit with a billion dollar fine like jetwest...

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »
Actually, there was no real (money) fault in the system calculation after all, it was only an income sheet display problem. It's fixed now.

(if you see a fluctuation in your money amount again, it's related to this since I may have refunded too much earlier, have to calculate that again still)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:41:26 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.