Allow Private Listed Aircraft to be listed/stay listed with invalid MX

Started by schro, December 15, 2013, 04:36:48 PM

schro

As the title said, often times there are side deals cut between players that have mothballed planes that might otherwise be stored. It usually is something like - "hey, can I buy/lease that <plane> you're not using right now, I'll even cover the D check". I think this is a situation where we don't need to force public policies for valid MX. If we can't list privately with expired checks (and/or list out of long term storage), the likelihood that a lessor will agree to leasing an otherwise D check expired plane is significantly lower.

Zombie Slayer

Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Hillians

In principle I agree to this as long as it's not used to save some weaker guys who can't pay their D checks and sell the AC to another alliance member who does the D check and then leases/sells it back to that person.

ucfknightryan

Quote from: [SC] frimp on December 15, 2013, 11:40:30 PM
In principle I agree to this as long as it's not used to save some weaker guys who can't pay their D checks and sell the AC to another alliance member who does the D check and then leases/sells it back to that person.

Seeing as how you're already not allowed to sell aircraft back and forth to transfer money I'd suspect anyone trying that would get caught/in trouble in a hurry anyway.

[SC] - King Kong

Can't see much bad happening from this :) Indeed a very common practice what "schro" says

b757capt

Isnt the side deal crap the reason these pricing restrictions were put into effect?

Sounds to me that the alliances need to make deals with each other LOL

xyeahtony

i feel like people will just private list all their planes to avoid the parking/storage/mx fees associated with aircraft. Unless you put a max time limit for planes on the UM in private listings, like 1 month; but then there'd be no difference between the current system of returning planes with expired mx.

And considering you could private list your plane to ANYBODY; this seems like an easy way to skirt around the new rules lol.

schro

Quote from: [SC] xyeahtony on January 02, 2014, 01:11:18 AM
i feel like people will just private list all their planes to avoid the parking/storage/mx fees associated with aircraft. Unless you put a max time limit for planes on the UM in private listings, like 1 month; but then there'd be no difference between the current system of returning planes with expired mx.

And considering you could private list your plane to ANYBODY; this seems like an easy way to skirt around the new rules lol.

Short term parking and insurance charges should apply making it more expensive to do the private list spamming than long term storage. I'm not sure how useful a limit would be when these types of transactions usually are lower priority than broker planes for staff allocation. If I'm having good luck in the market or haven't logged in within the past few days, they can start stacking up