Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Trial vs. full version  (Read 359 times)

markroger

• Former member
Trial vs. full version
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:48:04 PM »
Hi all,

I am exited newbee and will defenitely extend my Trial to a full participation. Nevertheless I have some questions about additional Features and if they exist in the full game Play or not:
a) technical stopover: In real life during technical stopovers customers can hop off or jump on the plane for flying just one segment. Will this be the case in full game Play?
b) Also in real life a lot of Airlines schedule triangle routes (meaing: from home base to dest. a, then to dest B then back to home base). I have read that Routing where source or Destination is not home base cannot be made, but would it maybe be possible in conjunction with "technical stopover", even more when customers can hop on/hop off on the stopover destination?
c) I noticed that very short haul Routing (e.g. <100 nm) is not possible. Why not, making up such a connection could make sense on some geographic Areas?

I had some more ideas in my mind, which I can not remember any, I will come back with them later.
Just let me know what is additionally possible compared to Trial Version.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: Trial vs. full version
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
Trial version is the same as the full version, just that the full version lasts longer, and has other, longer gameworlds than just BW. The only restrictions I'm aware of for the trial version are that it's BW only, and limited to 7? RL days.

a & b: nope. Technical stops are solely for refueling. Triangle routes are not available, all flights are out & back, either from your HQ or one of up to 3 subsidiary bases. That's a gameplay decision, and may change in the future, along with the adding of things like connecting passengers.

c: It's actually under ~50 NM that you can't fly. I suspect that's also a gameplay issue. Sure, there are a few RL routes shorter than that. But if there wasn't an arbitrary restriction, the way the demand model works, I think you'd end up with things like daily flights from Heathrow to Stansted, from JFK to LaGuardia. Rather than try and hardcode out all of those sort of routes, there's just an arbitrary limit on length, and a few small RL short flights aren't possible.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Trial vs. full version
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »
1) Tech stops are allowed and is a feature in AWS already.  You can even add multiple tech stops if you choose.
2) Triangle routes is a feature, however it has been disabled ever since the basing system was implemented to prevent abuse.  You can have 4 bases total and fly to/from them whereas in the past you could fly ABCBA where A was your base and C was the same city for every flight therefore creating what is essentially a free base at airport C.
3) Routes under 50nm are not allowed.  IRL there are short hops like this to go between islands etc, but it is this way again to prevent abuse.  You shouldn't be able to fly from JFK to Laguardia or O'Hare to Midway.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.