Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Can't renew expiring fuel contract  (Read 694 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
[ok] Can't renew expiring fuel contract
« on: November 02, 2013, 05:51:55 AM »
I have two expiring fuel contracts in MT9, one on 25NOV and one on 01DEC. I clicked on the + and selected the duration, and clicked OK. The page reloaded, but nothing happened to my fuel contract. I tried renewing both of them. The + is still there, and there's no new contract at the bottom of the list.

I did successfully renew the already-expired 10NOV contract three days after it had expired, and the new contract is showing retroactive to 11NOV, even though I renewed it on the 13th.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:10:32 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Can't renew expiring fuel contract
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 10:30:21 AM »
Screenshot needed so I can see what deals you have with what details etc

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »
Shot 1: The fuel hedging screen when I load it. This is after I renewed the hedge that expired on 25-Nov (the top one). Note that the new hedge is effective on the 26th, even though I renewed it on the 30th.
Shot 2: I clicked on the + next to the hedge expiring 01-Dec. (this is still on 30-Nov)
Shot 3: I selected the duration and clicked Accept contract.
Shot 4. The screen reloads. Note the lack of a green box with confirmation of the contract.
Shot 5: Nothing has changed. The contract expiring on 01-Dec has not been renewed.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »
Should work if you renew it on next game day instead?

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »
I tried on 01-Dec, it didn't work. I will try again on 02-Dec, the day after it expires.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
I tried on 01-Dec, it didn't work. I will try again on 02-Dec, the day after it expires.
I was unable to renew it on 02-Dec either. It's not showing as expired, even though the expiration date is 01-Dec-01.
Not getting the "new hedge" box, still getting the "All of your purchases are hedged, you many not add another contract. You may extend current expiring contracts from the + icon." message despite having an expired contract.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
Update: On Tuesday (the day the fuel price changes) 04-Dec, I was still unable to renew either of my "expiring" fuel contracts. One of which expired on 01-Dec and I got an in-game message on 02-Dec stating that "Your fuel hedging contract has expired today."

I also still don't have the option to create a new contract even though the old one is expired.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
If I recall correctly, this bug has showed up in the past : something to do with the limit on the number of hedges you can have running, with the renewal counting as an extra one until the old contract expires : the problem seems to be the old contract stays around for some time after it expires and seems to block up a slot, not allowing  a further new one/renewal to be enacted : that's how I recall it, no doubt a search of the bug thread from about a year or so ago would turn up the last report.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »
something to do with the limit on the number of hedges you can have running, with the renewal counting as an extra one until the old contract expires
I only have six contracts, including the expired one. I've had as many as ten separate 10% contracts.

And just 10 game-days ago there were 7 contracts on the page, two of which were expired. The older of those has since gone away. But I am still unable to renew either of the contracts that have + next to them.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
Ah, appears its not the same issue then :(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »
Most likely fixed with some other updates, but hard to verify exactly.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.