Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] wrong "new lease price"  (Read 577 times)

Offline meiru

• Members
[ok] wrong "new lease price"
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
assume you have an aircraft leased for 3 years... for 100'000/mt ... now after one year, you decide to extend that lease for another 2 years... what happens? the lease price shown is the one for 2 years (about 150'000/mt) ... I don't think that's correct... it should be the price you would get for 4 years... (so the time, the lease would run from now should be used for the calculation, not the additional time alone)

more extreme example -> 7 years lease left and you'd like to extend it by 2 months ... then you get a price of ... I don't know... for my MD-11 it showed 3.5M instead of 1.7M ... that's not really correct...

why do I use this? well, first I decided, that I want to fly MD80s until 2001, then I saw it works bether than I thought and I wanted to extend it to 2002... and it still was 1999 ... so... but I can't do that, the leases would all be 3 times as high!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:01:30 AM by sami »

Mr.HP

• Former member
Re: wrong "new lease price"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
assume you have an aircraft leased for 3 years... for 100'000/mt ... now after one year, you decide to extend that lease for another 2 years... what happens? the lease price shown is the one for 2 years (about 150'000/mt)

Last time I checked, any lease extension above 1 year, will reduce the current lease price. If you have this issue, why not take some print screen and make a bug report?

more extreme example -> 7 years lease left and you'd like to extend it by 2 months ... then you get a price of ... I don't know... for my MD-11 it showed 3.5M instead of 1.7M ... that's not really correct...

Yeah, there's a problem with that. I had asked about something similar, but sami turned it down. I'd wait until lease is about to expire, and extend by X months, if I were you

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
There must be  an advantage for players making decisions way ahead in risk of changing surroundings over those who try to adapt on short-term.Otherwise noone would lease for years ahead, just prolonging everything for the same reduced price.Looks logic to me.

BD

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
Some additional info here in a similar request:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,50276.msg283412.html#msg283412

Would be nice to have a lease extension option that appends to the current lease vs only having the option to replace the current lease, even if the extension is <12 months and a higher rate at that time. 

This becomes important when you need to time the lease to some other event (e.g. aircraft delivery).  Right now, unless one has the flexibility with their RL time (to be able to catch the lease expiry and to extend then), their airline has to absorb the cost of early termination., or the cost to just carry extra aircraft to cover it.

If there might be unfair advantages to scheduled extensions, maybe max should be 12 months at a time, extendable only once in each extension period (e.g. after initial extension of 12 months, wait until current lease period is complete before a second 12 month extension is possible).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.