Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: ROUTES  (Read 443 times)

jamboy2378

• Former member
ROUTES
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:51:36 AM »
Is it just me? I'm flying 4 routes a day from Charlotte to Washington, and am the only one doing it from either airport end, but yet my loads stink! I've tried dropping the fare. I've done marketing and am still in the low 20's!

Nothing is working. If anyone could tell me what the problem is I would love to know.

Also, I tried taking my DC-9 in the morning to one airport, at noon to another, and a third late in the evening. The turn-around times were fine, nothing overlapped! But yet two of the flights didnt even get off the ground!

It shows no errors and accepts the routes but they don't fly.

Seriously, what the hell!!!?

Echoco

• Former member
Re: ROUTES
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:39:02 AM »
can i see a screen shot of the schedule? from what i can see you got competition on most of your routes thats might be it, your aircraft are very old, as a rule I don't take any aircraft older than 8 years and i stop leasing once it gets to 10.

does the DC-9 do this ever day of the week? Do you have cancellations/delays?

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:03:20 AM »
Sorry...wish I had a screen shot. I killed the Washington route. Just gave up on it

As for the age? Christ...that's all that's in the game. All the good short haul aircraft that don't have props are all in crappy shape.

But thanks though and any time you want to tell me the secret to this I'm all ears. :)

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:36:32 AM »
it all depends on what your goal is, mine is to be a small regional airline flying to where people don't really care to, so my strategy is to cut cost and be as efficient as I can.

no secrets jut make no compromise in your choice of aircraft, i only lease aircraft at around 5-6 years old and 7 if I really have to (all with at least 9+ months to C check), if  can't find it I'll wait until new ones comes up and meet my requirements.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.