Tablet (iPad etc) usability feedback

Started by Sami, October 03, 2013, 05:03:10 PM

b757capt

Sami,

Overall the use of AWS on ipad is great.

I just don't understand why I have to login every time.

This is a recent change in say the last 3-4 weeks.

Its annoying. Otherwise all is good.

schlaf

Quote from: sami on October 17, 2013, 05:48:40 PM
The ipad reloading thing is a browser bug, I see it frequently outside aws..

i would like to see that we can reload the same page some more times before  "Error: Constantly reloading this page is not allowed." shows up.. I play much from my Ipad and this is really making it hard to play I think...

Sami

I was surprised to see that Safari is now the second most used browser in AWS, and iOS is the third most common platform with 17% user share now.

There's quite large share of that 53k visits that use desktop Safari, but user agents reported as iphone/pad account for ~30k of these. Desktop Mac is gaining too I see.

Maarten Otto

Bump

I have been using Brave, a browser for both windows and iOS based systems. I find this browser to be blazingly fast on the iPad and all screens load accordingly like on a desktop and work fine. I tried many browsers over the years but find this to be the best for AWS on mobile devices

FlyRw

Just updated my ipad.      Found firefox is the best of the ones I tired. 

Jake

Would be fun to see updated stats in terms of most used operating system/browser in 2021 compared to 2013  :)
CityLink Express: Discover More, Discover Asia

Polaris

Quote from: Maarten Otto on October 13, 2021, 08:05:34 AM
Bump

I have been using Brave, a browser for both windows and iOS based systems. I find this browser to be blazingly fast on the iPad and all screens load accordingly like on a desktop and work fine. I tried many browsers over the years but find this to be the best for AWS on mobile devices

I use Brave on my phone and desktop. Its incredibly fast plus it has native ad blockers, which is great. The free BAT doesn't hurt either.

Tuckernut

Some functions just will not work on my iPad.  I can't open a new base, purchase new aircraft, change or add more marketing and I cannot see a graph of my company image.  For those things I have to use my laptop.  When I try them on the pad the page appearance changes into an odd white drop down page that I cannot make any changes to.  I am able to lease used aircraft on it without difficulty.

Tuckernut

Sami

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: Sami on October 31, 2013, 05:04:59 PM
I was surprised to see that Safari is now the second most used browser in AWS, and iOS is the third most common platform with 17% user share now.

There's quite large share of that 53k visits that use desktop Safari, but user agents reported as iphone/pad account for ~30k of these. Desktop Mac is gaining too I see.
How is this 8 years later?

Tuckernut

Quote from: Sami on October 24, 2021, 06:15:30 PM
Which tablet device, and browser?
I am using a iPad, Safari browser, updated to iOS 15.0.2

Jake

Works fine with Safari on iPad OS 15.1  ;)
CityLink Express: Discover More, Discover Asia

Sami

Quote from: Tuckernut on October 24, 2021, 10:41:36 PM
I am using a iPad, Safari browser, updated to iOS 15.0.2

I haven't heard complaints. Try the usual, like updating the software, clearing the browser cache, and so forth.