Modern Times #9 starts this Friday

Started by Sami, September 23, 2013, 04:31:26 PM

Sami

The next scenario of our most popular theme, Modern Times, will begin again this week. The current Modern Times game scenario is shortly ending and as usual the next scenario of the same theme will commence around the same time.

Modern Timed #9 scenario is expected to start this Friday, 27th September at about 23.00 UTC (this is 7 pm in NYC, 8am in Tokyo and midnight in London). Please remember that the first game day is 24 hours long with constant used aircraft market refreshes so you will have plenty of opportunities if you do not make it online to the exact launch time.

The MT#9 scenario will run from 1990s to 2020.

hmellouli

don't they usually start after the prev. one ends?

Sami

Well it's usually +/- 1-2 weeks of the ending date of previous.   ..thereabouts during the end of previous

LemonButt

Another scenario where the B787 and A350 is useless?  It would be nice if we could get a scenario to at least 2030 one of these days...

Mr.HP

"It costs me 2 more credits to finish MT8, and my next billing is Sep 28, like anyone else started MT8 on first day

And I have an option of joining MT9 on Sep 27. Perfect, save me 2 credits"

A few players must have thought like that, and in fact I saw a few notable BKed as soon as the announcement of MT9 was made

It's like a tradition, many people stop playing the game to the end, and join the new game

So I'd like to propose moving the new games date to after the end date of current ones, or deploying a bonus for playing to end like this thread suggested https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,48109.0.html

dmoose42

I do think people should get a bonus for making it to the end - otherwise the last couple years are pretty boring - maybe a refund of half the start credits?

Aoitsuki

that and perhaps achievement won't be awarded until the game end?(it is kind of useless but i can't think of another reward unless credit).

Mr.HP

Quote from: dmoose42 on September 24, 2013, 02:52:20 AM
I do think people should get a bonus for making it to the end - otherwise the last couple years are pretty boring - maybe a refund of half the start credits?

A discount of 2 or 3 credit off 5 when joining the new game world should work best. Perfect bait to get players to pay more credits in the next ultra long game world  ;D

Kadachiman

The game has a very minimal cost anyway compared to many other online games, and you want it to be cheaper?

TerryMcKenna

Quote from: Kadachiman on September 24, 2013, 07:37:53 AM
The game has a very minimal cost anyway compared to many other online games, and you want it to be cheaper?

I agree. These games cost about 60cents a week. Talk about cheapskates

LemonButt

Quote from: Kadachiman on September 24, 2013, 07:37:53 AM

My only complaint is that ultra-long game worlds can take over a year to play and the biggest credit package doesn't cover it--you have to buy 2 :(

Karl

I have never participated in a Modern Times Simulation, and before I decide to join on Friday, I have a few questions.

1) Will start year be 1995 and end in 2019?

2) I am flying in Jet Age #8 and in Dawn of the Millennium #6.  I have set up an office in several different level 4 airports.  Most of my airlines have failed at least once - for various reasons; however the demand to most airports is minimal (to say the least) and quickly filled up.  

Is the demand in Modern Times any better than in other time era scenarios?

Thanks

Infinity

Of course demand in MT i much higher than in JA and DOTM. However should you decide to join, don't be disappointed by extremely low demand at first, it only grows to its base level in the first year.

bergquist77

Quote from: sami on September 23, 2013, 04:31:26 PMModern Timed #9 scenario is expected to start this Friday, 27th September at about 23.00 UTC (this is 7 pm in NYC, 8am in Tokyo and midnight in London).

Just to be clear, this would be 1 am on Saturday then in countries like Sweden, Germany and France?

Sami

Indeed, this a bit ankward time is due to my other commitments that day. Usually intention is to start a few hours earlier..

schlaf

Quote from: LemonButt on September 23, 2013, 10:37:03 PM
Another scenario where the B787 and A350 is useless?  It would be nice if we could get a scenario to at least 2030 one of these days...

Totally agree on that one. Give us a longer scenario, if necessary make shorter day.

Slurve30

Quote from: Mr.HP on September 24, 2013, 01:47:14 AM
"It costs me 2 more credits to finish MT8, and my next billing is Sep 28, like anyone else started MT8 on first day

And I have an option of joining MT9 on Sep 27. Perfect, save me 2 credits"

A few players must have thought like that, and in fact I saw a few notable BKed as soon as the announcement of MT9 was made

It's like a tradition, many people stop playing the game to the end, and join the new game

So I'd like to propose moving the new games date to after the end date of current ones, or deploying a bonus for playing to end like this thread suggested https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,48109.0.html

Are people bankrupting out of MT8 because you can't start MT9 if already in another Modern Times scenario? 

Or are people just trying to save two credits.  I for one, want to stick it out to the end and get my achievements. 

LemonButt

Quote from: Slurve30 on September 27, 2013, 01:54:40 AM
Are people bankrupting out of MT8 because you can't start MT9 if already in another Modern Times scenario? 

Or are people just trying to save two credits.  I for one, want to stick it out to the end and get my achievements. 

To save 2 credits...most airlines are done before the game is over since it's kind of pointless to order aircraft to schedule right before the game ends.