Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 678 times)

altmants

• Former member
Newbie Question
« on: September 20, 2013, 10:38:38 PM »
I'm sure this question may have been asked before.

Does it hurt load factors if we have 4 flights going to the same destination at the same time if theres plenty of demand to support it? I have a flight from ATL to MCO with 4 A320s leaving at the same time at 7:40am. 2 of the flights are right around 60% LF while the other two are closer to 85%.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »
if there is competition, yes. basic rule of thumb for low demand route is 1 hour separate.
I am not sure if it is the case in no competition.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »
if there is competition, yes. basic rule of thumb for low demand route is 1 hour separate.
I am not sure if it is the case in no competition.

Minimum 35 minutes for the densest routes in the game, 60 minutes being the rule of thumb.  The penalty is your flights are viewed as one flight versus two, eliminating the frequency bonus.

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »
A tech stop does not pick up passengers right? is there a way to make it pick up passengers?

Mr.HP

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 01:10:13 AM »
NO, tech stop is for refuel only, no pax get on or off

As mentioned above rule of thumb is 1 hour apart. But with certain level of pax demand, the gap can be shorter, like >1000: 50m; >2000: 40m; >3000: 30m etc...

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 01:37:37 AM »
You could easily fill all your planes with higher fares if youŽd spread them. Same departure times are to be avoided in any case.
Until further notice pattern of service is A-B and back only. Try to avoid tech-stops, they lose against non-stop competition and even without because you have to lower fares for acceptance or wonŽt attract as many passengers you could without.Please make sure you didnŽt miss all important hints and tips in the beginner manuals in general and beginner world forums.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:41:11 AM by exchlbg »

BD

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »
Minimum 35 minutes for the densest routes in the game, 60 minutes being the rule of thumb.  The penalty is your flights are viewed as one flight versus two, eliminating the frequency bonus.
This is all an important point.  As a beginner, if he becomes aware of the need for separation of routes, it is easy to be led to the impression that the 60 minutes follows the method used for determining slot availability.  That is to say, the assumption is that so long as your route is anywhere within a separate hour group (e.g. say one route is at 12:55, the other could be anywhere from 13:00 to 13:55) your second route will not be "competing" with the first for pax.  

Clearly, this is wrong.  It is the actual number of minutes separating each flight.  

I learned about the 60 minutes, but was unaware of the 35 minutes.  Thanks for the tip!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:24:15 PM by BD »

BD

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
Minimum 35 minutes for the densest routes in the game, 60 minutes being the rule of thumb.  The penalty is your flights are viewed as one flight versus two, eliminating the frequency bonus.
Another related question:

Is the allocation algorithm a "sliding" one or a "binary" one.

For example, say the route is not so dense, thus 60 minutes is the optimal separation.  Do all the separations in five minute increments from 05 minutes to 55 minutes result in the same allocation?  

Or, in this example,  is the allocation on some scale that recognizes the degree of separation such that 05 minutes is the least and 55 minutes is the most, while 30 minutes is the mid point?   If so, might be much to ask, but is it linear or curved (flat, very little change close, with most of the change at the end of more separation)?

I ask because if it is binary at 55 minutes, then I might forgo that time slot for another combination.  If it is sliding, it might be a better fit all else considered.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:36:21 PM by BD »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.