Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Weird behaviour on searches and ordering column  (Read 456 times)

Offline Kinder

• Members
[ok] Weird behaviour on searches and ordering column
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »
Hi,

For almost 2 weeks, I have this problem :

- I go to any listing page (Scheduling, aircraft, used aircraft, My aircraft, etc.)
- I select an ordering column (price for example in used aircraft) or a tab choice (Delay in My aircraft or profit in Manage routes)
- I switch to another page with an ordering/filtering (used aircraft to my aircraft for example), refresh the page and I have the used aircraft page in the My aircraft one.

You can reproduce this bug with the search filtering.

I have this problem in all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Palemoon, Waterfox, Seamonkey, Icedragon, Comodo Dragon, IE, Opera).

Another thing I noticed, the URL parameter changed from #Profit to #2 (or any incrementing number) in the Manage route page.

This is quite annoying :o

A screenshot of the problem (used aircraft in My aircraft page after a refresh)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:55:34 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Weird behaviour on searches and ordering column
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »
Cannot reproduce this.

Please describe step by step what you do and see.

Offline Kinder

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »
I made a video, I'm uploading it on Youtube (it will be available in about 15min).

I'm using Safari in it, but it's the same problem in every browser.

http://youtu.be/VZKiVjmdEIc

Offline Kinder

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:07 AM »
Video is online

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »
What you're doing is reloading expired pages and that may not fully work, but in any case the ajax back button history module has failed to check there that it loads for the proper sub page and it's been adjusted now.

Offline Kinder

• Members
Re: [ok] Weird behaviour on searches and ordering column
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
It was only to show the problem, but I had the problem even with a fresh session.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:07:00 PM by Kinder »

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
You loaded airways sim 14 (!) times in one session.Why do you do that ?I wouldn´t expect any program to behave properly under those conditions.

Offline Kinder

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
Like I said, it was only for debugging purpose, I don't refresh my pages every 10s.

And if a webapp can't handle multiple reloading, there is a problem. We have a webapp used by 400k users, they LOVE refreshing pages and we don't have any problem with the load. And what about Facebook?  ;D

I have about 6-7 open tabs and I refresh them regularly (not 14 times in a minute ;) )

BD

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
You loaded airways sim 14 (!) times in one session.Why do you do that ?I wouldn´t expect any program to behave properly under those conditions.
It is not unusual that I have ~15 tabs going at a time  :o   when I am doing some comparisons, checking up on current demand, scheduling, monitoring, forums, messages, etc.  Many reasons to have multiple tabs open.      :laugh:

Most of the time, when logged in, normally have only a few tabs open at most.  Going beyond 15 tabs risks the browser crashing because of insufficient memory.   :P

There are often times when I want some type of info that is not readily available in one place to answer a question I have (e.g. which used aircraft is the best deal).  If we had the option to dynamically configure our own reports from AWS data, that would simplify this tremendously.  Until then, will keep on tabbing.   ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.