Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: A big jump from the Beginners' world.  (Read 355 times)

Shaun

• Former member
A big jump from the Beginners' world.
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »
I need some help here... the beginners' world is easy, probably due to a low number of players.

Suddenly, I try and play the Jet age or Dawn of the Millennium games and I am really stuck; the airport I want to fly from already has airlines hogging every route possible (this is Newcastle (NCL/EGNT) by the way). I cannot make profits whatsoever on the routes left.

So I try a second time from an airport with low traffic, and now there are no destinations with a high enough passenger number.

I am just really stuck, and I want to know how I can compete on routes against larger airlines, from the airport I grew up with, and make a profit on those routes too!

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: A big jump from the Beginners' world.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
if you are a start up and competing against a large airline it is quite hard unless you found a good strategy and execute it perfectly..... and the large airline just cba to respond to it. Even experienced player will have a hard time doing it if the situation is unfavorable(high fuel, lack of good aircraft).

I did a quick check in your ja airline and the airport is simply too small for a first base. I suggest looking for another airport(say like.. ZRH    Zurich - Kloten), there is a couple airport that can hold 100+ aircraft and have possible opportunity right now.

refer to this thread http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,46661.0.html and my reply http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,46661.msg273734.html#msg273734 this is exactly what happen for a beginner's world player which may dominate their airport but never been challenged by competition jumping into real world. they don't know how to deal with it. And ultimately will discourage them to the point they will quit. That's why I encourage experienced player to join those world and give the newer player the 'harder' world experience. what type of plane to fly and how to combat competition. In a sense I suggest waive the entry fee for experienced player to help out the newer player in beginner world, making their life very difficult in a 2 month gameworld(fuel is lower..) is better then them clueless entering JA/DOTM/MT and get trashed.

there isn't a better time to start in JA imo. the next generation jet are slowly flooding the market (727/737/dc9) and the popular fuel sipping prop are always abundant(short range fokker). Those plane you can fly for 15+ years without worrying too much. the long haul plane is getting cheap as demand is not as high as most anticipated(707 VC10) and many people are bking. Search carefully and see what airport might be open, use route planning to see how many airport can you fly. Don't just bankrupt at first sign of trouble. Also, apply for a mentor
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:44:50 PM by Aoitsuki »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
Re: A big jump from the Beginners' world.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »
Yep. Take more care in selecting your airport. Newcastle in JA actually shouldn't be too hard to start in. Just need to be efficient. It'll certainly be easier than a size 3 airport that doesn't have a lot of routes. There are plenty of good airports to start in right now. Size 3 and lower are tough due to lack of demand. Big size 5s with a big airline HQed there are very tough due to lack of slots/intensity of comp. But size 4s and the smaller/emptier size 5s are probably the easiest spots. Like Zurich, Melbourne, Luxembourg, Bahrain to pick a few I looked at a couple of days ago. Newcastle too, there are less than 10 competing planes HQed there, though there is the possibility of a lot more.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.