Slots: why paying again?

Started by dieguslarus, September 11, 2013, 03:30:18 PM

dieguslarus

Hello there,

I was reading about changing slots from daily flights (1234567) to 7 different flights (1-2-3-4-5-6-7) when adjusting my scheduling and I saw that I had to close the route KEEPING the slots (this is not marking the "Release the airport slots back to public slot pool" box) and always keeping the new flights at the same time of departure and arrival.

I did that and, oh surprise! I had to pay again slots fees at the departing airport but not for returning flights.

Can anybody explain me this situation? Or let me know how to do it so I don't have to pay for the slots twice.

Thanks a lot!

Aoitsuki

don't know where you made the mistake but this is how I do it:

locate the route with 7 days
close route with the following options unchecked

click comfirm
reopen with the exact same time.
there is no reason you need to pay for your outgoing unless you messed up.
or easier yet... just create 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 initially :D

post a screenshot of each step you make (or a short video) and we will be able to tell what you done wrong.

dieguslarus

The thing is that I did exactly what I wrote... and don't know why that happened :O

Now that I am doing the same taking pictures... it did work xD

Thanks anyway, I did something wrong then!

rubiohiguey

Why is it better to have slots 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 (individually) and not 1234567 (jointly)?

exchlbg

Because it belongs to the 7-day scheduling method, where you have 7 aircrafts put on a schedule pattern, that only starts new every 7 days. This way you have the most economical usage of your
material, especially with long haul.