Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Purchasing New Planes Navigation Shenanigans  (Read 272 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[-] Purchasing New Planes Navigation Shenanigans
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:25 AM »
This works best in game worlds that are near the end of time (i.e. MT8 right now). Basically, the return button (instead of confirm order) gets borked during the workflow.

1. Select new plane to order (specifically, one you can order more frames than it can allocate production to before the end of time).
2. Make selection as if you're going to order eleventy billion of them (or 50 would do).
3. Get quote - receive the error message you need to make a smaller order.
4. Return to the first page, select a smaller quantity (i.e. one that won't get the error message).
5. Get that quote
6. Realize you want to order as many planes as possible before the end of time, so click Return instead of Confirm
7. Joke's on you - Webpage has expired, return to step 1.

What should happen:
7. Return to the order page, tweak, adjust, requote.
8. If new quote is good, move to 9, else 7.
9. ....
10. Profit
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:29:51 AM by sami »

Mr.HP

• Former member
Re: Purchasing New Planes Navigation Shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »
I've never had this situation

After step 3, when receiving the error message, you can just change the number right below the message, no need to click "Return"

I also just try to do as you mentioned. No webpage expire and return to 1 on step 7

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:29:43 AM »
That is not related to our service but on how certain browsers handle the pages with a form that is posted. I see it around the web from time to time and is pretty random

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
I've never had this situation

After step 3, when receiving the error message, you can just change the number right below the message, no need to click "Return"

I also just try to do as you mentioned. No webpage expire and return to 1 on step 7

Try Internet Exploder 10....

That is not related to our service but on how certain browsers handle the pages with a form that is posted. I see it around the web from time to time and is pretty random

In this case, it isn't random. It has been repeatable for me in both MT7 and MT8 in IE10. I just tried it with Chrome and it does not have an issue, so it is indeed a form passing issue that IE10 doesn't like, but it is certainly not "pretty random".

I suppose the fix is to use Chrome for purposes of running up my CV at the end of gameworlds...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.