same routes as my competitor

Started by sergio, August 27, 2013, 02:35:30 PM

sergio

Hello!

Again me asking stupid questions )))

i have got couple competitors in my Home Base. is it possible to filter to which SAME cities do we fly together? having 1500 routes - it will take time. especialy wth slow computer.

wbrgds

sergio

ha-ha. route amsterdam - zurich - demand wednesday 1154, friday 1414 pax. i offered 1190 seats.

with my competitor - 1690 seats/day. he introduces 1038 seats per day more in two weeks.

total supply 2728 seats for demand 1154-1414 peaple.

i do wonder sometimes what is MY head, but now ii am just speecheless - what is gon on in my competitor's???

I really need button, which can filter out the routes like that: my rotes, find routes which are flown both be me and by company ZZZ. Urgent add-on / update needed.

i will put most luxurious seats and more airplanes.

wbrgds

exchlbg

There is no such filter.You will have to check on your own. You can narrow down your searches by observing the routes report page.When numbers turn yellow to red there´s something to check first.Filling a route to double capacity is common practice. If you go for a competitor filling a route with one big aircraft you drop two small ones against his.You will fill yours by emptying his, if all other factors are equal.So it´s not the number of seats that counts, but the number of flights (with same qualities) that decides about market share.

Mr.HP

Quote from: sergio on August 27, 2013, 02:35:30 PM
is it possible to filter to which SAME cities do we fly together?

An option for you is using this function

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Airport/KJFK/Destinations/

Replace KJFK with your own airport

Skim through the list to spot routes you both are serving. If you're using Chrome (not sure about other browser), Ctrl+F to highlight his/your name for better spotting

sergio

Quote from: exchlbg on August 27, 2013, 05:28:51 PM
There is no such filter.You will have to check on your own. You can narrow down your searches by observing the routes report page.When numbers turn yellow to red there´s something to check first.Filling a route to double capacity is common practice. If you go for a competitor filling a route with one big aircraft you drop two small ones against his.You will fill yours by emptying his, if all other factors are equal.So it´s not the number of seats that counts, but the number of flights (with same qualities) that decides about market share.

Understood about fitering.

so, he uuses smaller planes. i decided to introduce "premium" seats. i took 737-400 and 747-400D for coparison. Amsterdam - Kopenhagen small makes 5 routes/day, big 2,5 routes. if to put all premium and considering landing fees, lease, fuel it is more profitable to have 747, UNDER CONDITION of 100% load factor. however i receive abt 20% loadn factor.
now i changed seats to luxury (747-400D all luxury: Y:130 C:16 F:3). I also saw he has comany image 95, and i 70.
will it help, or is my strategy wrong?
point is - flights now take plase almost every hour. if i use 737-400 - some will be less than an hour.

exchlbg

By number of seats of same quality I referred to all factors that are deciding about passenger´s preference.Seat quality is only one of them, but only for a small part. It will give you a higher load factor, because you offer fewer seats overall, but that alone won´t make your flights more profitable, especially if you count all the costs it takes to change aircraft seating. He has a higher CI, that would still win against better seat quality, especially if route is not LH. Generally you should not use LH aircraft on SH routes, they loose against appropiate material in every case.They need more staff, longer turn-arounds and more fuel.
Don´t schedule frequency under on hour gaps, unless it´s a very big route with many thousands of PAX daily, you steal PAX from your own neighbouring flights.
Don´t try to win back that route under all circumstances, try to fly it economically for you regardless of market share and concentrate on other routes. Using large aircrafts on SH routes will invite others to go for it sooner or later, so don´t do that again.

11Air

I've changed some a/c configs to the standard mixed class.
First the route must have the necessary Pax demand for Club and First Class.
2nd. Those Club Seats will have to start at x2 Cost factor then ramp it up as the LF increases to x4 +.

You do need to continually monitor your seat prices. I sort ROUTES by Yield and adjust each price individually. Yes it is hard work, so is running an airline, just wish those management types I'm paying for would do it for me!