Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Cannot sack staff  (Read 388 times)

jamestbailey

• Former member
[-] Cannot sack staff
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »
When I try to sack some staff from one of my bases [Espanair; medium a-c pilots / PMI] , I get the standard warning come up when I press "Save" telling me that CI is at risk etc., and I proceed. However when the page reloads, the number of staff is the same, and morale and CI remain unchanged.

Earlier in the game I sacked a very large number of staff in the same category reducing morale to -20. It has now recovered. Perhaps that has upset something?

Any thoughts Sami?

Thanks
Jimbo.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:26:26 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Cannot sack staff
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »
Browser you are using?

Also after page is reloaded, please go Dashboard, then back to Office -> Staff and see what the staff is then?

Do you have more than 1 base (HQ)?

jamestbailey

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »
I am using Chrome, but I am not sure it is a browser problem.
I have bases at MAD(HQ); BCN; LPA; PMI.

As soon as I elect to proceed after the CI warning and the new page loads up, something odd happens. An page loads up, but a fraction of a second later then graphics change fractionally. The green box at the top of the page ought to record the changes to staff, and it may be it is for just a moment (but it is so fast I can't read it), and then is is replaced with a new green box.

"Personnel Office
Settings have been saved"

I think the first box that comes up is the same as the second, but the font is just slightly different... don't know if that gives you a clue as to what might be going on. Going back through "Office" does not change anything, although I note that when I load the "Personnel" page it does a double load... old font then new. The give away is the positioning of "Jet Age #8" (top left) which jumps around by 100 pixels or so at the 2nd load up. The gap between load ups is probably about 0.3 seconds. I don't recall noticing this double load up 2 days ago, but I am not have been attentive enough.

Thanks Sami.
Jimbo.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:46:06 PM by Jimbo2012 »

jamestbailey

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
Hmmm... it does the double load up when I recruit more staff, but that action works fine and the staff are registered as hired.

jamestbailey

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:59:19 AM »
...and it is only with my PMI base. I have successfully sacked a few medium a/c pilots from MAD, BCN and LPA. Wonder what is special about PMI (which was opened 2nd out of the 4).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »
Tested with Chrome and Firefox and cannot replicate.

Typed in the desired number to pilots at PMI base and pressed save. Normal warning popup appears, click OK, and get the page reloaded. New desired staff number is there.

Tried also the quick management; select pilot group and PMi base and action as set staff to 100% (fire/hire) -> set -> save. All normal.

jamestbailey

• Former member
Re: [-] Cannot sack staff
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »
FYI Sami, only the quick management worked... but at least it worked. Meant all the staff had to go in one go, but there we are, its done.
Thanks,
Jimbo.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.