Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Staffing levels  (Read 529 times)

yarnam

• Former member
Staffing levels
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »
I have 10 aircraft (all 752's) flying two routes less than 12 hours a day. (yes I know that's bad but basically I have given up and am just experimenting now).

It states that I need 200 pilots or 100 teams of 2 which is 10 teams per aircraft. So my pilots are only working once every 10 days.

It also states I need 470 cabin crew or 94 teams of 5 for 10 aircraft which is 9.4 teams per aircraft. So my cabin crew only work once every 9 days.

I also need 10 Middle level management which is one per aircraft or one for every 2 flights.

Doesn't seem very realistic.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Staffing levels
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
The staffing does not consider how many hours per day the planes are airborne. And one real company I used as reference does use about 8.5 crews per aircraft for B757 so it's not that far off..

yarnam

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
Really? My aircraft are down 1 day a month for B checks and 20 days a year for C Checks. This means my aircraft only fly 333 days a year and I have 10 teams per aircraft. This means they are only working 33.3 days a year each or less than 3 days a month. Exactly how powerful is my pilots union? Still doesn't seem right to me but if you say so.

Firejet

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:05:23 AM »
You got this all wrong one team isnt assingened one static aircraft, this is not like a local bus company they rotate aircraft. In real life they rotate around and thats why they dont have hugly overstaffed crews. There are not 8.4 crew per aircraft, there are 8.4 crews per aircraft at one time , this means that no crew is needed for maintenance. The system here is fine for simplistities sake, because in real life its very complicated.

yarnam

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:32:41 AM »
So do you think the staffing levels are relatively correct then?

Firejet

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:26 AM »
yes and no it is way to difficult to programm in realistic staff, you would have to consider that crews are set for a certain type of plane meaning diff. crews. diff planes (cabin crew are also certified for ewach aircraft). Then add in holidays ... You get the point this system works, because the bigger the airline, the bigger the spare crew however a lot of spare crews are are part time so not paid constantly, again too many variables to program. Ultimately i think this system works fine.

yarnam

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:15:55 AM »
Thanks for your input. I guess it's the best way to program something that is actually very hard to try to calculate

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.