Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] No warning for expired check!  (Read 514 times)

Duke

• Former member
[-] No warning for expired check!
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »
I currently have expired B check on one of my aircraft because I did some rescheduling at the end of the month. How ever I have received no warning for this expired check and cannot find any warning message on Dashboard or on any Aircraft displays.

I think this is a pretty big issue. I DO want to be warned immediately if any of my aircraft has an expired check. And I want that warning to stay on some page until it has been taken care of!

Plus I don't find any logic in this screenshot:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:49:40 AM by sami »

Sanabas

• Former member
Re: No warning for expired check!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:13:55 AM »
It's not expired yet. A-checks and B-checks are due 1 week/1 month after the previous one, but they don't show up as expired until more like 10 days/6 weeks. Once it does expire, you'll see an obvious warning on the dashboard, which will remain there until you do the maintenance.

When you moved the schedule, you should have seen a warning saying something like 'B-check is about to expire, do you want to do a B-check right now?', which usually appears if it's been more than about 2 weeks since the last B-check.

Duke

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:21 AM »
Not expired yet? Previous B check was on 1 Sep 1975 and the screenshot is dated 12 Oct 1975. That means that almost 1,5 months has past since the last B check. Also when I selected the aircraft and checked it's details the B check date was in red and there was also a warning saying B check has expired and I should fix it to avoid fines.

Mr.HP

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
I also didn't see any warning about expired checks since the new UI

I scheduled an A/C but forgot to schedule checks. Not until I got the poor condition warning, I didn't know the A/C hadn't been given B checks for like 6 months

Duke

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:38 AM »
Oh my... Sounds really serious bug to me! :o There could also be other players whose planes have expired checks and they know nothing about it. I hope this gets fixed asap.

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:00:54 AM »
Not expired yet? Previous B check was on 1 Sep 1975 and the screenshot is dated 12 Oct 1975. That means that almost 1,5 months has past since the last B check.

Which is exactly 6 weeks since the last one.

I just tested it, when I attempt to move a schedule to a plane with an expired B-check, I get the warning shown in the pic.

However, if I don't do the B-check, there's no warning shown on the dashboard that I'm flying a plane with a B-check 8 months out of date.

Quote from: Mr.HP
I scheduled an A/C but forgot to schedule checks. Not until I got the poor condition warning, I didn't know the A/C hadn't been given B checks for like 6 months

Flying without regular maintenance for 6 months without getting fined also sounds like a bug.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:46:24 AM »
My aircraft page maintenance listing is correct, the warning does not appear immediately after 30 days but there is a grace period instead because of changes and swaps player can make in scheduling. Same goes for the "ramp checks". If the check is older than ~40 days the B check line is red and a warning appears on the aircraft details page, and also at the Aircraft listing page and Dashboard. In the case of that screen shot the warnings would have appeared on the next game day I believe.

In other words it is not a hard limit at exactly one month due to playability reasons and to avoid nuisance warnings and fines.

The scheduling page warns you a bit differently if the check is expired or ABOUT to expire in near future.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:52:56 AM by sami »

Duke

• Former member
Re: [-] No warning for expired check!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »
And what about reports from Mr.HP and Sanabas?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.