Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Reduced CI after spanding more money  (Read 288 times)

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
[-] Reduced CI after spanding more money
« on: August 03, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »
Yesterday I decided to end several marketing campaigns (total value around 6 million a week) and replace it for a global TV campaign for 11 million a week. (both continuous)

I was surprised to see that while spending almost twice as much on marketing, my CI declined. Rest of the company is up to good standards so it has to do something with the marketing formula.

Scenario: Beginners world (as it ends two days before my holiday I found this to be the better scenario to fit to my personal schedule)  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:03:35 PM by sami »

Aoitsuki

• Former member
Re: Reduced CI after spanding more money
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
not a bug, everytime you end a campaign you will get a hit on CI. But it will recover as you invested into new ones.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 08:37:50 AM »
not a bug, everytime you end a campaign you will get a hit on CI. But it will recover as you invested into new ones.

It's not the ending of the campaign that hits the CI.

But what the OP reported was combining multiple campaigns into one campaign, and it is well known that AWS has an unpublished multi-campaign bonus, such that combining multiple campaigns into a single campaign of the same total dollar amount will always be less effective. It's still the delays and cancellations that lower the CI, but one big marketing campaign is not as effective at countering those bad effects as multiple small campaigns are.

So basically...never combine multiple campaigns into one. Run as many separate campaigns as possible.

And in my view, this is a bug, because the manual claims that only total dollar amount spent matters. If a multi-campaign bonus is intentional and not a bug, it should be at least disclosed in the manual.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 01:02:28 PM »
Not a bug, since marketing effect is not solely based on the amount of $$$ spent. This is mostly true but not in all cases.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.