Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Unmotivated Staff Bug  (Read 457 times)

Yellowjj

• Former member
[ok] Unmotivated Staff Bug
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:29:40 AM »
AutoStaffing has been on for the whole game world untouched, until I decided to check my cancellation rate 3 days ago and found 60% of cancelled flights were due to unmotivated staff. Went into the personal office and found flight attendants at 34%. A few other groups had also slipped for no apparent reason. I hit the suggested figure to see what the pay was suppose to be, however I never saved, I simply refreshed the page. So the pay stayed the same. I then had to manually increase the pay to get staff morale up slightly. At this present time, I am at the maximum amount that can be paid for one or two of the staff groups, yet their morale continues to slightly drop for no reason. All of my staff catergories have extra staff and I have never fired anyone. Autopay & Autostaff hiring are always turned back on after I have to manually increase the pay. Marketing is always used. Possibly a bug?  :-\ This all started with-in the last 3 days. Up until then it was fine. Never touched the staff settings from game world started.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:18:14 PM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Unmotivated Staff Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
I guess the staff shenanigans bug hasn't been fixed then...
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47397.0.html

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »
Ironically, the HR manager just contacted me in JA8

Message from Human Resources Manager

The salary levels of your staff are too low. This will lead to degraded employee morale and will lower their efficiency and lead to flight delays and cancellations. Please see the Personnel office and adjust the staff levels as soon as possible.

You can also assign the staff and salary level management to the HR team by checking the corresponding options from Settings page.

Manual staff and I've given them all the raises they've asked for.

Cabin crew is the winner that is currently paid 514 but has a suggested wage of 580, which is comparable to the ~20% difference that I documented in my prior buggered report.

Yellowjj

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »

So if it's a bug how is it fixed. My CI has been steadily declining day by day. Marketing has NO effect whatsoever anymore.

As you can see Unmotivated staff now accounts for almost 50% of my cancellations.  :o
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:31:57 AM by Yellowjj »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
So if it's a bug how is it fixed. My CI has been steadily declining day by day. Marketing has NO effect whatsoever anymore.

Are you getting the same message that I am about salaries being too low?  What happens when you click on suggested wage for your staff groups? Does it jump up or does it stay about the same?

If you're at the point where you're getting a ton of cancellations, it could be impacting your CI. Generally raising pay is the way to fix the morale, which in turn will fix the flight delays (though, it can take some time for you to recover).

It is also possible that your CI is dropping due other factors or a lack of marketing campaigns...   I can't see into BW so I really can't tell what's going on...

Yellowjj

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »
Are you getting the same message that I am about salaries being too low?  What happens when you click on suggested wage for your staff groups? Does it jump up or does it stay about the same?

If you're at the point where you're getting a ton of cancellations, it could be impacting your CI. Generally raising pay is the way to fix the morale, which in turn will fix the flight delays (though, it can take some time for you to recover).

It is also possible that your CI is dropping due other factors or a lack of marketing campaigns...   I can't see into BW so I really can't tell what's going on...

No I didn't get any messages because until that time, my staffing was on auto. I only discovered the problem after checking flight cancellations and seeing it was because of Unmotivated staff. I have had marketing campaigns from day 1 of the game. My CI was in the upper 80s. When i click on suggested rate for the staff to see how much they are suppose to be getting, the pay drops way down. I never saved though, I just refreshed the page after i checked the suggested wages. So all of my staff are currently overpaid, with some currently getting the max amount of money possible and yet, their morale still declines. I am also overstaffed. All bases, all Categories. Never fired anyone ever.

Yellowjj

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
I posted a pic to show you. If sami wants I could also post my staff level/Marketing.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.