777 down at KSFO

Started by swiftus27, July 06, 2013, 09:03:11 PM

Dasha

Reminds me of the T7 at Heathrow. There are a few similarities...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Jona L.

After seeing the liveleak video of the crash, I think, that the 777 deserves the title of the safest airplane in the world, considering that so many people survived it. And also everyone survived BA38.

swiftus27

The more news comes out, the more it looks like pilot error

ban2

It worries me that pilots can make such a basic error, unless of course windsheer was a factor at such a low level

swiftus27

Airspeed well below Vapp

17 mile vectored visual approach in clear weather

Dasha

It all looks like BA at Heathrow to be honest. That stalled and dropped out of the sky on very short final because of some sludge blocking the engines. Could something like that have happened to Asiana. Like sludge coming into the engine and then stalling the engine on a very bad timing?

They say it was a trainee pilot with only 46 hours in a T7. He might not know about the problem? Although you'd think that Asiana would have followed the modifications Boeing gave them after the Heathrow incident.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

ban2

Not sure if this will work, this is a timeline showing the last seconds of crash via flightradar

++ sorry took link off as it linked to my facebook page

look on flightradar24.com for timeline photo.

ban2

you know i wonder if they put it into autopilot to land, forgetting the glide-slope was switched off, it has been known for pilots to report auto-land feature as making a heavy landing only to be told by mechanic there was no auto-land feature serviceable on aircraft.