Welcome to the new AirwaySim!

Started by Sami, July 03, 2013, 07:18:36 PM

Sami

Welcome to the new AirwaySim experience! We have gone through a complete overhaul of our simulation user interface and website, everything from the ground up. You will find a lot of new features and information and many new ways to manage your own airline with the new interface.

This has been a long and massive project for us. This interface upgrade project has taken all together, from early planning to finished product, nearly two years and at the same time it has been also financially our biggest investment in the future so far. But now finally everything was finished and tested for the launch. So we're very happy to present the completely new AirwaySim for our users.

One important thing to note is the very much improved mobile compatibility. The world of internet is evolving more towards being connected always on the go and people are using smartphones and tablet devices more and more. AirwaySim will be part of your mobile gaming life in the future too and our new interface has been especially optimized and tested to work with iPad for example; and all other modern smartphones and tablets will also work.

Please take a look around on the new features and layouts. Like always with any massive upgrade there may be some small issues with the interface as testing with every possible hardware combination hasn't been possible. In that case please use our Bug Reports forum to report the problem (please do not forget to add your computer/device specifications). If you have any improvement suggestions please use the Feature Requests forum.

Now, enjoy!

swiftus27

Congrats Sami... this is a long time coming.

mhardebeck

Yes...Cheers, Sami!!  It looks great!!

sleak76

Excellent work, interface, organization and effort Sami! This truly is a job well done.

A side note for Safari users: if you havent closed your browser and came back to your laptops to continue playing, you'll get odd graphics where the first half of your page will be mostly empty. Don't fret. Just close your Safari browser and relaunch it again and the same graphics should pop up in a normal/clear manner.

Happy simflying all.

Raith

Pukeko

Fantastic...thanks for all the hard work

Suavis

spiff23

Really an outstanding job Sami!!!   Great look and feel from the iPad...even easy plane configuration...the old laptop is going to be sent off to be parked in the desert ;D

How do we buy you and the team a couple of bottles of champagne to celebrate?   You all deserve a few rounds!

rsdworker

looks nice - that's much better since i last used here  :)
more clear and better usage

swiftus27

Oh no!

Eudokimos

Huge improvement to the site, makes you want to come back and main site navigation is now convenient.
Quote from: spiff23 on July 03, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
Great look and feel from the iPad...even easy plane configuration...
- Plane conf. was my long time pain when playing with iPhone or iPad on Spanish Islands earlier. Going to start JA8 tomorrow, so good to read that plane configuration works now!

farmtool33

Quote from: swiftus27 on July 04, 2013, 12:42:01 AM
Oh no!

Then don't use chrome, it sucks! its simple ! :D

GREAT job sami , I LOVE IT !

swiftus27

Quote from: farmtool33 on July 04, 2013, 08:06:42 AM
Then don't use chrome, it sucks! its simple ! :D

GREAT job sami , I LOVE IT !

I don't....  It's a joke.

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: swiftus27 on July 04, 2013, 10:31:43 AM
I don't....  It's a joke.

I do and it works lol

I like the lay out but have to get used to it

lunchbox

Looks awesome Sami, can't wait to try it on one of the upcoming game worlds!!! 8)

Teemu

Great job Sami! Now have a few "bears" and sauna ;)

GlobalCEO

The UI is great, looks really nice and clean! The only thing I was surprised that you took out, which i found very helpful, is the "traffic indicator" bar graph in the route planning area, next to each airport name. That was the single most helpful tool when plotting routes and growth b/c I could quickly see what airports I should not waste my time looking at and which ones will hold value. Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to complain about the improvements but that is one feature that I found incredibly helpful.

BD

Quote from: GlobalCEO on July 04, 2013, 05:49:54 PM
...The only thing I was surprised that you took out, which i found very helpful, is the "traffic indicator" bar graph in the route planning area, next to each airport name. That was the single most helpful tool when plotting routes and growth b/c I could quickly see what airports I should not waste my time looking at and which ones will hold value. Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to complain about the improvements but that is one feature that I found incredibly helpful.
Thanks...have been requesting this but got turned down...maybe Sami will reconsider based on the updated arguments, as it really is a time saver... here:

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47849.0.html

Fluclo

Quote from: sami on July 03, 2013, 07:18:36 PMOne important thing to note is the very much improved mobile compatibility. The world of internet is evolving more towards being connected always on the go and people are using smartphones and tablet devices more and more. AirwaySim will be part of your mobile gaming life in the future too and our new interface has been especially optimized and tested to work with iPad for example; and all other modern smartphones and tablets will also work.
Is it supposed to look so small on a mobile smartphone, it looks just like a PC display but very, very tiny.

Sami

The layout has been optimized for tablet-sized devices like iPad. For phones the basic usage has been tested (all functions work and display correctly) but layout hasn't been specifically optimized for them as the screens are so small that displaying the large amounts of data practically is very difficult. So you have to zoom.

DavidBurnie

It looks great on my galaxy note in landscape.