When's the next new game

Started by Superbenj, June 19, 2013, 09:32:27 AM

Superbenj

When does the next new game start?!

After my first proper bash decent at this in MT8 but ultimately failing, due to lack of attention for a week or so after a new born baby! I'm deseprate to have another go actually getting on from the start.

Does anyone know when a new Jet Age or other game may start?

swiftus27

Sami is on vaca and is going to spread things out a bit

Sami

Please see the latest site news. Next game (jet age) starting time will be announced this week.

Superbenj

DavidBurnie

I think I am going to wait for a new round before spending any more on this. It seems easiest to get in at the ground floor.

L1011fan

EYguy

Talked to Sami before he went on holiday and he said something like 1 month, 1 month 1/2...

Superbenj

Quote from: DavidBurnie on June 24, 2013, 03:23:32 AM
I think I am going to wait for a new round before spending any more on this. It seems easiest to get in at the ground floor.
That's what I'm hoping, whilst I was able to establish a relatively decent small airline at BOS, starting a month or 2 (real time) late on MT8, I was never able to properly compete with the big boys who had a foot hold. Without the mistakes I made and with the lessons learnt I suspect I could have done much better but there is obviously a clear advantage of getting in early on the prime, big profit routes and building up a sum to quickly expand.

Im currently debating where to start my next airline, I quite fancy a mid range airport in Eeurope but have no experience of the Jet Age (assuming that is the next  game), does anyone have any advice on a good airport for a semi-noob to get started on in that era?

DavidBurnie

I know I'm new here and I don't want to be a pain in the neck. But wasn't the announcement supposed to come last week? I'd really like to know how long it will be so I can decide whether or not it is worth investing in a current game until the new one starts.

jamestbailey

I am pretty keen for a game to get started. Sounds like there are number of people ready for it...

swiftus27

knobbygb

QuoteTalked to Sami before he went on holiday and he said something like 1 month, 1 month 1/2...

REALLY?  I was kinda expecting another week tops.  This is the first time I haven't been properly into a game in nearly three years - I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms.

If it's going to be over a month, how about a short scenario to tide us over - we haven't had one for a while anyway.  Easy to initate for Sami and he can have a lot more $$$ coming in while he's on holiday.  Just a thought.

DavidBurnie

Whether it's a week or a month doesn't matter much to me. I just want to know.

Sami

Sorry for the delay with the news; JA#8 starts next week. The aim is to finish all the upgrades first.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,47736.0.html