Airport routes - low demand of International Airport's

Started by mrinfo, June 04, 2013, 12:58:43 AM

mrinfo

Hello,

i love this game, and i had run diferent airport, but someones are not even close to reality. ex:
GIG - Brasil - how can this airport on Brasil routes have low demand comparing to GRU or CHG? (GIG - Brasília - demand of 560pax but in GRU or CHG the demand easy go around 1000++ pax)
GIG route to europe or USA. How can GIG - London demand is 220pax? How GIG - Neward demand 190pax?
ex: GRU - London demand go up to 1000pax...

Why GIG is a "low" routes pax??

exchlbg

GIG is rated a mainly domestic airport,GRU the international.
Route demand figures go after a fixed pattern and can not reflect reality in any case.
Take demand as given and try to build your airline around it.
It´s impossible to reflect exact demand figures for every day of the time span of all worlds (1950-2020). They reflect an worldwide overall calculated traffic.
Main goal of game is training business skills, not replaying known situation over and over.

mrinfo

if GIG is only a domestic airport, so the pattern is wrong!!
Brasil have 111 airport, but good brasil routes with pax are 10 or 12! nothing more!! the other routes the demand is 0 - 10 or 40 pax!!! This is WRONGGG!!

but ex Congolhas have 4000pax demand to Santos, and 20 - 30 GOOD regional routes with 1000++ pax!!!!! Is Congonhas Internacional?

I had play Lisbon/OPorto/Madeira/PontaDelgada/Munich/Argier/Cairo/Winnipeg/Macau and never see a so low DEMAND!!!
the lowest is PontaDelgada in Azores Island - Portugal, but even there are 6 good routes... and in routes do ex:Paris demand is 180pax almost the same og GIG - Paris!!

The Pattern is wrong!!!!!
This is the second time i'm playing on GIG...

exchlbg

Possible, but data won´t be changed. There is a new system in planning stages.This BW game has just begun, traffic numbers will rise over time.
So for time being relax and choose base airports because of game numbers and not because of personal perception.
Besides, your airline name is a bit too close to existing SATA international, that is conflicting with naming rules.

mrinfo

hello...

1. Airline Names:
Qatar International Airlines
Southern Express

My old name was SataAzores, and i receive a message to change my airline name... because of SATA! I ask if could use XataInternacionalAzores... and i have permission to use!

I play GIG on the last BW, some example of the HUGEEEE changes (Congonhas and Garulhos routes stay equals)

Route | Old BW  | NewBW
GIG<->Heathrow |360 | 240 passengers / day
GIG<->Paris CG |520 | 320
GIG<->Madrid |490 | 330
GIG<->Atlanta |330 | 230
GIG<->Miami |360 | 220
GIG<->Newark |330 | 200
GIG<->Lisbon | 430 | 230
GIG<->Johannesburg |310 | 210

Route Garulhos to | Old BW | New BW
->Heathrow |2490 | no info
->Paris CG |920 |
->Madrid |330 |
->Atlanta |390 |
->Miami |1250 |
->NewYork |820 |
->Johannesburg |980 |

Is impossible to try new ideias in GIG when the demand has been cut down!!
In Regional routes the cut was almost 40%!!!

exchlbg

Maybe you took the numbers from end of game and compare them wit the beginning game number, but really, who cares?
If that airport doesn´t suit you, you can search for a better place to have a new start.
You can always be creative with any number of demand.
If your airline name was approved, fine, but approval contradicts stated naming rules, you just changed one letter.But I´m not the one to decide that.
You still have to learn to cope with new situations for every new game anyway. Using more capital letters or exclamation marks in your posts won´t help you either.

Sami

Quote from: mrinfo on June 04, 2013, 10:01:10 PM
Is impossible to try new ideias in GIG when the demand has been cut down!!

You may wish to calm down a bit and lose that shouting, okay...

Every new game world starts with a low pax demand, low number of airport slots etc and they gradually grow to the "regular" values corresponding that particual game year.

Also, there is no "approval" for airline names. If some airline name is against the rules, please use the reporting button next to the airline name at airline info page.

exchlbg

L1011fan

Quote from: mrinfo on June 04, 2013, 08:41:39 AM
if GIG is only a domestic airport, so the pattern is wrong!!
Brasil have 111 airport, but good brasil routes with pax are 10 or 12! nothing more!! the other routes the demand is 0 - 10 or 40 pax!!! This is WRONGGG!!

but ex Congolhas have 4000pax demand to Santos, and 20 - 30 GOOD regional routes with 1000++ pax!!!!! Is Congonhas Internacional?

I had play Lisbon/OPorto/Madeira/PontaDelgada/Munich/Argier/Cairo/Winnipeg/Macau and never see a so low DEMAND!!!
the lowest is PontaDelgada in Azores Island - Portugal, but even there are 6 good routes... and in routes do ex:Paris demand is 180pax almost the same og GIG - Paris!!

The Pattern is wrong!!!!!
This is the second time i'm playing on GIG...

You picked Winnipeg? Jeez, no wonder low demand! ;) CGH is international and maybe you should get a wide body and start USA or European service. You must be patient and sometimes, yes, you have to start over. Demands rise eventually. ::)

L1011fan

A little marketing might help too. People tend to discount it, but it work wonders where you want it to. Are you promoting your routes? :-\

exchlbg

He´s talking Rio and Sao Paulo. And he´s just demanding more demand, nothing else.In his mind only that makes an airport playable.Maybe he finds out over time, what this game really is about.

mean123

This thread has really entertained me.

Thanks Guys

mean123

oh mrinfo, exchlbg is right, it is the beggining of the game and it starts with low demand and the demand grows over time, you need to be patient, get a few short haul prop planes and fly some short thin routes until demand grows on the routes you wish to fly. dont just get angry and give up because you cant do what you want to do straight away because if thats the case you should have started up in ATL, LHR or CDG or something. Use your head to find out what else can be done to maximise profits. Be patient.

exchlbg

Thanks.I will always give my best to keep public entertained. But with a good partner like OP it´s quite easy.

mrinfo

Hello, and thanks for all the support.

The only reason was about demanding. why? simple...

in the last BW i try GIG and to explore the gamming on South America, and also to now new places and names! And this new BW fast method is great to that.
So in the last BW i try GIG, and i try a totally new playing method, very diferent that was use in Europe.
After study a little my opponents, route and new bases airport, i try keep my routes in SouthAmerica, specially at Brasil, and take some (just to try) medium-long route, and i open 3 bases.

On this new BW, my planes where to just keep GIG Base and take more medium-long route. if not work... let's start again and try ohter method to the same plan!
Yes i make markting... and floating my route prices. Now, and because of the different inicial demand between the two BW's, i need to adapt my game and explore profit's in SouthAmerica and Brasil routes.

About winipeg base, is not a huge airbase, but try Portugal route... is not to much difference!! in boot you have 5-10 good routes... the other are demanding 10 to 40pax!!

Sorry for some hot words.

L1011fan