Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Staff Shenanigans  (Read 733 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Staff Shenanigans
« on: May 18, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »
Not sure if this is intended or not, but I am currently on manual staff salaries and I am getting some odd stuff.  Most of my staff are NOT asking for raises, but morale is dropping to the point that the HR manager sends me the wages are too low memo.... Given that I have granted every requested raise, why would I be having a morale problem? This was not an issue for me in MT7 with the same approach.

You should be able to see that several staff categories are up to 25-33% below "suggested", yet they still don't ask for a raise... I'm ok being cheap.. but it seems to be a bit conflicting..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:39:31 PM by sami »

brique

• Former member
Re: Staff Shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:47:30 PM »
I had the same thing happen, no wage requests for all grades, then a 'low wages' memo and found morale was down in the 60's for many grades : I assumed I must have missed some requests, but its something I do watch out for when on manual wages. I've checked DOTM, where I'm following the same approach and morale is fine there, all at 100, so it doesn't seem to be a systemic thing, just in MT...

Inclined to think its a bug of some sort..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:50:35 PM by brique »

Mr.HP

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:09:00 AM »
Happened to me in MT8, too. Never had this before. All the morale was down to 70, and 20-30% below suggested wage. I'd have accept all wage increase demand, but never got one.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
The staff morale is adjusted every month, while staff payraise request is sent out twice a year. The low salary warning comes every month if the salaries are too low.

So a combination of changes in airline settings, staff salary changes etc may lead to a point where you do not get the half-yearly raise request and later you will then get the warning of relatively low salaries. But it's a bit tricky to find out the exact combination that triggers this.

Offline EsquireFlyer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
I am still having this problem in JA8. Just 1 game day ago, I got the bi-annual pay raise request, and only one group is requesting a raise (and it's 0% raise).
And many other employee groups have morale of 50-70 and their salaries are many hundreds of dollars below suggested levels (if I use the arrows to "set all to suggested"). And yet none of them are requesting a payraise, either in the message from HR manager, or even in the orange warning letters that should be displayed under the employee group name.

I have had manual salaries since the beginning of the game, with no changes to that setting after I first set it, and yet the notices are not working.

----

Message from Human Resources Manager

It is time for the yearly check of employee salaries. We have negotiated the new and raised salary levels ready for you and you need to go to the Personnel office and view and approve the new salaries. You may also adjust the staff levels at the same time if needed (however please remember the staff reductions have always bad effects on your company image).

The staff groups are requesting the following payraises:

- Route strategies department, new salary request: 600 USD (+0%)

Please attend to the wishes of your employees quickly as paying too little will lead to decreased employee morale.

You can also assign the staff and salary level management to the HR team by checking the corresponding options from Settings page.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.