Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots getting low!  (Read 802 times)

Dazwalsh

• Former member
Slots getting low!
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
things are hotting up in Dublin! take a look at the small number of slots left for us to fight over! with me and the other main competitor having a huge amount of planes delivered soon its going to get interesting!!

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Slots getting low!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »
^^^ I love this part. It seems to be the heart of the game.

Once we get to this point, players are going to start competing for the few remaining spots from here on out!

Maybe it will help those players who decided to build at smaller airports!? 
Also, isnt this type of stuff going to dominate those players who have bought a ton of new long range aircraft?  After they replace their own planes, they will have to fly to new cities!

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:25:06 PM »
yep i love it! and there is another new airline there now that is growing rapidly as well!

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:22:17 AM »

Once we get to this point, players are going to start competing for the few remaining spots from here on out!

Also, isnt this type of stuff going to dominate those players who have bought a ton of new long range aircraft?  After they replace their own planes, they will have to fly to new cities!

Possibly it may help.....I dunno though.  I'm at SLC, which is a smaller airport (76% pax rating, so not that small) and my problem is that I'm running out of cities to go to.....well almost anyway.  SLC only has two routes that supply more than 1000 pax a month, so rapid expansion has been the key.  But now, it's getting much tighter.

The mid game, which we are about to enter will be extremely interesting, to say the least.

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:45:10 AM »
Woooo! Let's go eire jet!!!  8)

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »
It is getting interesting for sure. I am rapidly expanding at JFK and just recently have taken over as number 2, behind one of the top airlines in game 2, Global United. So I am establishing secondary hubs at 3 other large airports in the US and just getting planes out there early in the day to run routes from those airports. This way I don't waste slots at JFK, although there are a lot left, there are big airlines at the airport. In addition it opens up a whole new set of route combinations from the secondary hubs. What I find is that if you are going to establish secondary hubs, try to do so at an airport without many big home base airlines. Although this seems obvious a balance has to be struck because you want big enough airports to establish your secondary hubs.   

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 02:47:04 AM »
things are hotting up in Dublin! take a look at the small number of slots left for us to fight over! with me and the other main competitor having a huge amount of planes delivered soon its going to get interesting!!

As we look at Atlanta... No flights until between 21-06 each day  ;D.

Jk

Cool. Its really heating up I see.

Awesome!

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 02:48:27 AM »

I have a friend thats based in LCy (game 1)

Made 2 mil his first week with one BAe 146-300  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.