Russian road rage and accidents

Started by ban2, May 14, 2013, 12:02:59 PM

ban2

ban2

Did i cry for the Ferrari driver at the beginning of this one...  nope  ;)

Sorry I deleted my link, there was some really bad language on this one, i posted before i watched it through sorry.

Infinity

swiftus27

There is so much fraud in Russia that insurance fraud is expected now.....   not to mention that the police are in on it too....

Dasha

It's not the fraude that causes people to drive terribly. There has been a lot of insurance fraud, that's why you get a good discount on the contract if you install a dashcam.

Problem is that the driving tests in Russia are hardly up to par. People have money, buy a big car and suddenly think they can drive, which they can't. A red light doesn't mean anything for some people, neither does right of way.

Also the infrastructure is terrible. This is a good example of just how terrible it is.

The lack of driving skills and the lack of proper infrastructure is a recipe for crashes like that. Of course there is alcohol too. I had my brand new BMW Z4 wrecked when I was driving home from work at night. My light got green, accelerate and some drunk old fool in a Lada jumps the red light and crashed into the passenger side of my cute little car. Dashcam was my rescue.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

swiftus27

in one of those videos someone jumps in front of a truck's tires.

While I agree with you that the skill and infrastructure are lacking, there is something extremely different in Russia when it comes to auto accidents.

ban2

Quote from: swiftus27 on May 16, 2013, 12:25:19 PM
in one of those videos someone jumps in front of a truck's tires.

I had a woman try and commit suicide by jumping in front of my bus in the UK, luckily i was going slow and managed to stop. She just walked off as if nothing had happened too.

swiftus27

there are whole videos of people trying to scam insurance money in Russia from "being hit"....   

I don't think there is a massive number of suicidal Russians hellbent on using the grill of a truck as a means to end it all.