cannot base in territory located outside region

Started by SuriProf4, May 08, 2013, 12:05:27 PM

SuriProf4

i searched the forums and saw that i should be able to base in a territory that is still apart of my european base country.

however, when i research the option of opening a base in one of those territories, i cannot select the airport (it isnot shown as option). from the various fourms, i read how people were able to do it from uk and us airport bases. however, is it not possible to do it from france or holland base airports to their territories in the caribbean or other parts of world?

example: if i am based in ams, i should have option to open airport in aua, bon, cur, sxm, eux, and saba. or if i am base at cdg, i should have option to do fdf, fff, cay, or african and asia french territories.

but i donot see this option when selecting airports to open new base. am i mis-understand something in the other forums on how to open bases?

Infinity

Territories like RĂ©union count as separate countries in this game and hence you cannot open a base there.

The exceptions are places like San Juan and Guam for US-Airlines.

SuriProf4

when you say 'this game'...do you mean all of aws? or just this bw scenario?

that really dampens my plans  :-[

SuriProf4

thanks

that just ruins my plans completely...........o well, time for a new plan

L1011fan

You can only create a 2nd one in your base country. Europe is a continent, rather than a "territory", with separate countries.

L1011fan

Quote from: saftfrucht on May 08, 2013, 02:59:56 PM
Territories like RĂ©union count as separate countries in this game and hence you cannot open a base there.

The exceptions are places like San Juan and Guam for US-Airlines.
Exactly what I'm talking about.