Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Another game idea  (Read 508 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Another game idea
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »
This is short.  I am sure some of this has been brought up before too.

Why not allow our airlines to construct buildings?

Examples: 
1.  Marketing department  (lowers costs for campaigns)
2.  Maint. Hangar (lowers costs and/or speeds up maintenance)
3.  Alliance HQ (Boosts Alliance reputation)
4.  Baggage Handling (Maybe the most off-the-wall, but could speed up turn time in your home city)

I am sure there are more.  I just want to see another reason to spend in-game money on something other than planes. 

NoDuh

• Former member
Re: Another game idea
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »
I think that is a good idea! I still dont think Alliances dont do anything for ya besides paying money!  >:(

Kastor

• Former member
Re: Another game idea
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »
Quite a good idea, Swiftus27, but baggage system is a part of terminal and terminal is the part of airport and airport is a matter beyound the airlines management. However the idea is relly good, I would just modify it a bit according to what I said above.
Airport might have more information about equippment: generation of baggage system, type of fuelling system (cars/underground), that two would affect turnarround. Also possibility of having own gates might speed up your T/A by making you independant on other airlines. Next: Mainainance possibility of airports - what kind of check can you perform at that airport.

As to the Alliance matter, I would suggest a rule of all members under one roof - alliance might have own terminals at the biggest airports like LAX, ORD, AMS, CDG, FRA, ATL, DFW, JFK...
What's next, alliances might have own lounges at some smaller than huge airports.
According to the above, alliances have their own budgets shared between all members. Alliance founder might be an Alliance CEO and besides own airline, would have to take care of the alliance matters as well. And Alliance ranking and obviously cost of participation should be based on all improvements it has.
More, alliance might have better deals on fuel. Also alliances also might do some marketing advertising how many destinations it covers, how young fleet it has and how modern.

The alliances management is a gate for next level of game playability and realism of airliners world.

That are things for future however, for now I warmly request for connectiong flights, second hubs and make return flight separate of basic flight so I can send aircraft from point A to point B, but returning flight might be made by aircraft, that has just arrived from point C to point B. That would incredibly improve flexibility of planning. Also C-check planning and sheduling for a/ac that is yet to be delivered. That are most important.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.