» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 688 times)

Offline Karl

• Members
Why?
« on: April 20, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »
I don't understand.   ???

Every so often, when I check in, there is a very scary message that an aircraft has been grounded because of a maintenance issue.  When I look at it, the warning is for an A or B check that has not been performed.

What I don't understand is that the check had been scheduled.  When I look at the plane's schedule, I see that the checks are correctly listed - and have been since the schedule was created and successfully accepted by the Sim with a green confirmation message.

Why is the check not being performed?

Why do these scary messages appear?

Offline Infinity

• Members
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »
Did you switch schedules from one plane to another?

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
Did you switch schedules from one plane to another?

Yes, but a while ago.  The checks did transfer.

Online dmoose42

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »
The checks may have transferred, but if you changed the day of the check, the check may not have actually occurred...or if you happened to be making the change on the day the check was supposed to happen, it's possible that the day changed while you were 'in progress' and the check didn't happen.

It's unlikely that it's a bug but rather a human issue - this happens to me every once in a while and i just send the plane in for the extra maintenance - way cheaper than the gate check penalty...

Online Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:38:53 PM »
Swapping schedules comes with a few gotchas. A/B checks is a big one. It makes about as much sense as the US Tax Code, but here's what I've managed to figure out over the years...

If the plane you're swapping to is a new plane or one that just came out of a C/D check mid-month, the scheduled B check will NOT get done that month as it has not yet expired. You don't get the warning until a certain threshold has been reached. I've seen the number 55 days mentioned before, not sure if that's completely accurate but it's at least a month an a half. So before moving a schedule, check the plane you're moving the schedule to before you move it. Click on "Maintenance actions" and look under "Maintenance status" for the date of your last B check. I tend to follow these guidelines:

If the B check happened less than a month ago, and the current date is after the first week of the month, don't worry about the B check. It'll happen automatically.
If the B check happened a month or more ago (regardless of current date), manually do a B check before swapping the schedule. Manually doing a B check on a plane with no schedule will make the check retroactive to 00:00 of the current day and it will be finished by 23:59 the same day. (Unless you did the manual B check after 23:00, then most of the time it doesn't "take" until the following day.)
If the B check happened just under a month ago, and the current game day is at the beginning of a month, go ahead and swap the schedule but expect to get a warning in about 3 weeks. If you keep the "Perform B check" box checked when you swap the schedule, you can expect to get a warning in about 7 weeks because that plane may not automatically B check during the current month.

got a headache yet?  8)

And sometimes, just the way the calendar works out will cause a false warning, especially if your B check does not begin at 00:00. I have gotten warnings for planes that are currently undergoing a B check, but the due date doesn't reset until near the end of the day that the check finishes. So if the warning threshold expired on (for example) Saturday the 27th, and your B check is scheduled for Saturday at 01:30, the check will happen but you will get a sternly-worded warning through approximately 23:00 on Sunday the 28th since the B check doesn't finish until 01:30 on Sunday.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.