Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand is changing every time I click the route info  (Read 628 times)

Mnemic

• Former member
Demand is changing every time I click the route info
« on: April 08, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
I play in dawn of the millennium and I have this route that every time I click on it, then it changes the demand of the route. It's been changing for more than 100 pax a day up and down.
What am I suppose to expect of demand if it jumps like this?

I am considering to send 1 plane with 100 seats or instead going for a 75 seater, but as I cannot determine how much the demand is then I am not sure which to schedule.

brique

• Former member
Re: Demand is changing every time I click the route info
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
The demand shown is what your staff estimate : that is not entirely accurate (the 'real' figure is shrouded in mystery and hidden in the depths of the system, guarded by crazed mini-gun toting reindeer sworn to fight to the death, or dinner, which-ever comes sooner), and the possible accuracy, shown as a % variation, is in grey text bottom right of the demand figure box.  So, for example, if your staff are only 90% accurate, a 'look' could vary by up to 20% from the previous one.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:03:29 PM by brique »

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »
It would be very unrealistic to predict exactly every passenger of the future, as it would be unrealistic, that exactly the same amount of people would travel between two airports every day.
You didnīt tell us, how much the numbers differ, BTW, but I would go for a number between min an max estimation. Everyday service will show if route was under- or overestimated and you still will have time to react.

Mnemic

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »
Alright seems legit, but nonetheless then I think it is strange that as a CEO ask my staff, how many passengers will be on this flight?
And they tell me 198, then 5 seconds after I ask again and they say, 220 and 5 seconds later it's 234 and so on. I know you can't predict, but the staff should decide themselves for which number they predict instead of giving different numbers infinitely.

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
Usually the difference is max.20 passengers so not that significant. When your route image reaches 100 you can basically calculate that you'll get the higher estimation as your potential customers. Providing of course that your price is acceptable and there's no competition.

Monica

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
Their predictions get worse if you have fired some of them and morale is lower.  :)

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 03:42:31 AM »
It would be very unrealistic to predict exactly every passenger of the future, as it would be unrealistic, that exactly the same amount of people would travel between two airports every day.

I understand what you are saying.  I also understand that every simulation is, in a way, limited by what the program can do, and by what it has been programed to do.  I understand that to be successful, players must learn the ins and outs of the program.  This can only be done over time and with experience.

That said, I find the demand settings in AirwaySim to be unnecessarily difficult - especially in a very crowded scenario and in a scenario set in an historic period much different from the current, real world situation - both of which are in play at this time.

Some players try to create a successful airline serving secondary airports with low demand - even to/from a major airport.  In some scenarios the listed demand can be only 20 or 30 passengers per day - or even sometimes "zero" (for instance from many US cities to airports in much of North America outside of the USA).  When demand suddenly goes up to 30 or 40, it makes a plane with 48 seats doable.  However, when the demand drops all of a sudden after beginning a route, it can have consequences.

Except for major events that lower demand, I wish that in AirwaySim, when the demand goes up, it does not normally drop.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.