Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: My two cents!  (Read 1160 times)

timmn2002

• Former member
My two cents!
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »
First and foremost I really enjoyed the game but I will part from it when my credits run out. some will say you should have tried the beginners game world, I did and it gave me a false belief I could be good in the other worlds. So I have tried them all and needless to say it didn't turn out so good as I made some mistakes and so forth. as for the other game worlds they really taught me I am not as competitive as others, nor do I wish to be. Plus its just not in the game mechanics for what I found to be my type of game play of one base small to mid-sized airline (no fault to the programmer or other players). Some of you will say ah its just another noob who couldn't hack it! and if that's your response so be it as your entitled to your opinion, but just remember you too were a noob at one time. In closing I would like thank those of you who have helped others and myself that are new to the game with the questions that we asked even though they might have been asked countless times before also I do plan to continue on telling people about the game as I said before its a great game but turns out it wasn't for me!

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: My two cents!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
Bad luck mate, sorry you didn't get on with the game. If you ever come back then I would try and help you again, sorry if I didn't have too much time around now. We could help you with the mid sized airline, but it is tough. I never did a beginners world and it took me a year to learn the game from the deep end.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

mamba

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:27:01 AM »
Hi Tim, TBH, I feel the game would be easier and fair between you and your competitors if you start up your airline at the beginning of the game (thats if you ever return) but avoid making the same mistakes again  :)
Just my two cents

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »
Sorry to see you go .. But I actually didn't get a grasp on your message of the actual issue you are having? Yea, all "games" are not for everyone, that's normal, but somehow I got the feeling that you had some issues that we could perhaps improve for the future, but I didn't really catch those here (just that I always like to get some proper feedback).

Anyway, I assume you have noticed, for future, that the Beginner scenarios are now open for everyone (no "experience restrictions" anymore) so there will be always an easier sandbox style scenario available if the 600 player worlds do not sound interesting.

Offline hmellouli

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 04:16:04 AM »
Tim,

sorry to see u go. quick question: have u tried modern times? i see ur playing Jet age, which is so much more difficult. i've been on AWS for a few years and JA is where i can barely make a profit, that is if i make one. in fact, so far in JA i always bankrupted badly. in MT8 its easier for ur style of play, as it is similar to my style, and i generally do decent in MT, but lose horribly in JA.

let me know if i can help.

timmn2002

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Sorry to see you go .. But I actually didn't get a grasp on your message of the actual issue you are having? Yea, all "games" are not for everyone, that's normal, but somehow I got the feeling that you had some issues that we could perhaps improve for the future, but I didn't really catch those here (just that I always like to get some proper feedback).
Anyway, I assume you have noticed, for future, that the Beginner scenarios are now open for everyone (no "experience restrictions" anymore) so there will be always an easier sandbox style scenario available if the 600 player worlds do not sound interesting.

Sami please don't get me wrong I really enjoyed playing (and really starting to have second thoughts as this game is really addictive) the game even with all the BK's but there is an unfair (for lack of better words) advantage to veteran players in all game worlds regardless of when you start be it the beginning or middle way threw as they already know which routes and planes to use (as it should be and I'm not complaining) but when one starts to make pretty good money as a startup only to see it dwindle once a bigger airline comes in and drops multiple planes on your routes while competing for routes and slots with another startup its kinda like getting kicked while down. I understand its part of the game but what about making it (the game) a little more interesting for all gamers with this thought. if you start at a size 5 airport you can only open new bases at size 5 airports, same with size 4 and so on. that way all the big airlines will have to compete on a new level and devise new strategies or risk the increased odds of BK. thus in turn increasing the odds of the new airlines to grow (as I see it BK is part of the airline industry). and by implementing the above it would make being part of an alliance more valuable as connecting pax between alliance members from a size 3 airport to size 5 in turn becomes also a new strategy (I know as of right now pax cant connect but why shouldn't they?)

or how about when you start out in a game world you are given the option of mega airline, regional, or feeder airline (I think those are the correct terms) for insistent feeder airlines will get a bonus for using small A/C like the 15-30 seaters but receive a penalty for anything above 30 seaters and limited to size 3 and under airports and regional's would receive their bonus in the range of 30-100 ish anything over or under set limits will receive a penalty and limited to size 4 and under airports and under as for mega airlines anything under the top limit for regionals would receive a penalty but they wouldn't be airport restricted. this would also require new strategies from all players  maybe my thoughts are a bit much and/are has already been discussed just remember its just a thought.

I hope this helps with the feedback you where looking for

Bad luck mate, sorry you didn't get on with the game. If you ever come back then I would try and help you again, sorry if I didn't have too much time around now. We could help you with the mid sized airline, but it is tough. I never did a beginners world and it took me a year to learn the game from the deep end.

I am starting to rethink what I said about moving on I might go ahead and give the BW another go and see what happens from there if I do I will send a pm for advice, and yes I did have bad luck in MT,JA and DOTM

Hi Tim, TBH, I feel the game would be easier and fair between you and your competitors if you start up your airline at the beginning of the game (thats if you ever return) but avoid making the same mistakes again  :)
Just my two cents

I have taken your two cents and pocketed them and I belive I do owe it to myself and those who have taken the time to explain things to me to give it another go and see what happens besides I can't BK all the time right?

Tim,

sorry to see u go. quick question: have u tried modern times? i see ur playing Jet age, which is so much more difficult. I've been on AWS for a few years and JA is where i can barely make a profit, that is if i make one. in fact, so far in JA i always bankrupted badly. in MT8 its easier for ur style of play, as it is similar to my style, and i generally do decent in MT, but lose horribly in JA.

let me know if i can help.

Yes I have tried them all and failed them all except BW. which I shut down early as I believed I could accomplish the same results in other game world's huge mistake.

Online swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
Hey, even veterans get tired of the sim.  I haven't made a 'traditional' airline from a major base in a long long time.    My latest failures are both in JA, one in JNB and the other AKL.   

You will fail your first few times around.  If you don't seek help from other players, then you're only cutting your own throat.

Name_Omitted

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:57:35 PM »
Just for the hell of it, would it be possible to run an instance of AirwaySim with the airport size database drawn from a random number table?

stansu

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
Another option is to just pick a midsize airport outside United States, where there is no established airlines in that country at all. There will be very limited competition since established player cannot jump to your HQ.

I played very competitively in last Beginners World against other airlines from DFW. I fully know what a good/competitive opponent can do (because I did the same to others in Beginner World), so I started outside USA in my first non-Beginner game in JA7 2 weeks ago knowing this would make my life much easier.

timmn2002

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
Would it even be worth anything if I put my thoughts from above in the Feature requests? or would they be just to complex and not even worth it as they wouldn't work?

also I have decided to give AS another go after reading why I had wanted to leave, realized I kind of came across like a baby who just had his binky taken away. I guess after so many failed attempts I had gotten to the point of frustration and needed to leave AS but turns out I only needed to vent. So I would like to apologize for starting this thread! 

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Nothing wrong with putting them in as feature requests.

However, connecting pax is a long-standing request.

Restricting someone who opens in a size 5 airport to only have extra bases in a size 5 airport will make practically no difference at all, as it's what already happens for 95% or more of big airlines.

piperpa46

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »
Restricting airlines to only open extra bases in the same airport size would work for airlines in the USA and in Open Skies Europe. In JA7 I am based in France and there is a total of 7 size 5 airports, but if you start up in CPH, Denmark you would not be able to base in another airport because CPH is the only size 5 airport in Denmark, there is 2 size 3 and the rest is 2 or smaller.

/Lars

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.