Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: aircraft configuration/capacity question  (Read 2957 times)

SuriProf4

• Former member
Re: aircraft configuration/capacity question
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
Second part of reply of course aims at that person, that brought up demand figures.Who cares if you know that double the people fly Suriname-Netherlands ? More likely you are able to link Suriname to a lot of airports of that region, where in reality there is no demand or noone is serving it.Why donīt you complain about this, too? Because you shouldnīt. First, thereīs a fixed  formula that produces demand figures, based on real life airport data, not on RL flight connection data. This formula mixes all figures  in a logical way to come up with suggested demand figures. This algorithm naturally canīt reflect reality and we should take data as they are, at least until that new "city-based demand" produces new ones.

my comment isnot a complaint. i was pointing out something that seemed off as i was learning different parts of the sim while waiting. i was looking at how my home airport (where i work in the aviation sector) was in the game situation and just point out something that was off...and if your read the end of the comment, i saw it was for something to deal with in the city demand sami had posted, so i wasnot concerned with it.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »
This game for many reasons canīt reflect "reality" as you know it, for obvious reasons. It is only tied to RL data. Please think again, if every player finding something differing from his own life experience is PMing Sami and posting in forums about that.....
This is a game, designed to be played by everyone interested in economics and airlines generally, it is not a trainee program for airline CEOīs.
Many aspects have to stay generalized to keep the whole game playable for many players, not only for people working in the airline business, so asking for alterations should keep this in mind all the time.
There is a thread concerning demand figures between former colonies and their motherlands and other specially tied nations where Sami is collecting general data to work it into the new demand system.So absolutely no need of reporting your "problem" within this thread.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:37:00 PM by exchlbg »

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
i saw the post sami had, and offered him assistance if needed for the data.

my original post was about the a345 cabin. and as i stated while i was waiting for the sim to begin i was searching how different things work and curious on demands.

as far as my original post, the a345 cabin is slightly longer than the a343. but the reason for lower capacity is due to the door types and a few other certifications points to the aircraft.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »
I know what your first post was about. Itīs perfectly ok, if you ask for things that seem peculiar for you, and as you see, many people will jump in for explanation. But statements like "itīs way-off", "itīs unfair", "itīs unplayable" will see critic responses, especially if stated by a new member, because most of these statements can be proved wrong or thereīs a reason within game mechanics and overall playability.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.