New rules to Beginner Worlds

Started by Sami, March 19, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

Sami

After user feedback we have decided to change the entry requirement rules for our Beginner World scenarios. Previously you have been allowed to join this scenario only if you haven't played any other full AirwaySim scenarios, or you've been absent for a long time.

For all of the future Beginner scenarios these entry requirements will be removed and these scenarios will be open to everyone. At the same time the focus of these scenarios will also shift into a proper "second step" after the Demo - a simple and fast scenario in between the demo and the full and long scenarios.

The new beginner scenarios will be shorter than currently, duration will be about 1 month, and they are intended for both new and more experienced players. The short scenarios allow players to test different tactics and different airlines, and the removal of the entry requirements will allow players to learn more in a more easy environment than in the full game worlds.

The next scenario of this theme will begin this Friday, 22nd March.

SuriProf4

will this be a full world scenario? or limited airports like demo world?

Sami

All airports and planes, but as mentioned a short duration (~1 month) and no alliances (due to the short time).

farmtool33

yes! thank you !

but i'll like to see a littlebit a longer beginner's world in the future. but's it's a really good idee!!

EDIT: any idee when the next beginner's world start's ?

schro

alexgv1

Quote from: farmtool33 on March 19, 2013, 01:47:11 PM
EDIT: any idee when the next beginner's world start's ?
Quote from: sami on March 19, 2013, 12:43:45 PM
The next scenario of this theme will begin this Friday, 22nd March.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

farmtool33

o, sorry did miss that sentence.. thank you anyway :)

alexgv1

Quote from: farmtool33 on March 19, 2013, 02:10:05 PM
o, sorry did miss that sentence.. thank you anyway :)

Hehe no worries. You're welcome  :)
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Sami

Quote from: schro on March 19, 2013, 01:54:58 PM
Are achievements active in BW?

Have not considered but probably not.

schro

Quote from: sami on March 19, 2013, 02:37:00 PM
Have not considered but probably not.

Well darn. That would have been great fun to try to run the board in a month

brique

Excellent news and thank-you Sami : it will be nice to have a 'sandbox' to trial run some of my odder ideas without having to sacrifice a 'full' game world discovering why they dont work... mostly... :)

Atlantische Zeiler

How many people can join at the start of the scenario? Same as recent Beginner's World games?

SuriProf4

what time does the game begin friday

Aerlingus1916

Quote from: SuriProf4 on March 22, 2013, 01:32:47 AM
what time does the game begin friday

Yeah? Will it be 16/18 UTC as normal?

maccio71

i think this is a bad idea, you are allowing experienced people just to go around and destroing all the fun and realism wich a simulation game should be.

You can tell by the company in beginners this time wich have so many airplanes that not even Delta, lufthansa, KLM Airfrance, will have all together, and if take a look on what kind of airplane are flying over small route, you will see A310 flying a short route 7 days/week 13 times per day, wich company would do so in the real world and not going in bankrupt. So for the fun of people that don't accept to loose in modern time, they will go and have "fun" in beginner.

Since MT and BG are totally different what kind of test would people do and try it on MT???

Anyway the Game it is really nice, its some people that are not...

Thank you
Andrea

Meicci

Quote from: maccio71 on April 26, 2013, 01:05:47 PM
Since MT and BG are totally different what kind of test would people do and try it on MT???

I tried two different strategies in the start, got some results, and left the game world. I wouldn't test those strategies that I did in usual MT scenario, as it could ruin my whole game.

So for that purpose, new rules are just perfect. And on the other hand, if a player participates on one Beginners World but doesn't learn things quickly enough, he/she would get very frustrated in those harder scenarios. Now you can just go back to BW for some more practice.

Of course there are downsides, like massive airlines controlling airports by experienced players. But in BW there are not so many airports dominated like that, in MT, every larger airport has an experienced player based there.

maccio71

Quote from: Meicci on April 26, 2013, 01:35:34 PM

So for that purpose, new rules are just perfect. And on the other hand, if a player participates on one Beginners World but doesn't learn things quickly enough, he/she would get very frustrated in those harder scenarios. Now you can just go back to BW for some more practice.

This what some people will says, i will go on BG to try something different, but at the end they are there just to see that they can be on the top and feel better..

anyway, it is still a game and still having fun.

Andrea(he), only in Italy

Infinity

Quote from: maccio71 on April 26, 2013, 02:09:06 PMbut at the end they are there just to see that they can be on the top and feel better..

No reason for that. Fuel in MT is currently like half as high as in BW, you can currently run a big huge airline in MT and get away with every mistake in the book. BW is harder than MT as it is right now.

SuriProf4

i can see the view maccio71 is stating. if you are trying to learn how to play the sim, and a bigger/experience player bases at same airport, then the beginner will be frustrated at 'being run out'.

i think there are learning points (as beginner) and it takes the fun out when someone knows how to take over an airport, thus slowing the learning. however, part of the learning would be how to deal with situations of competition and apply it  in the other scenarios.

exchlbg

The last BW world was nearly empty.It was not flooded by experienced players. Have you been witnessing aggressive behaviour of taking over an newbie airport by squeezing him out?
If so, it would be not correct in my eyes. Please report to forum if you witness it.
But the rest of route competition that experienced players offer to newbies is a good effect. It´s essential to learn how to deal with that.
The step to full worlds would be too high otherwise.And now you can play as many BW´s as you want. More chances to learn in an overall easy environment.