Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: D-Check and afterwards only 84% condition!!!  (Read 1006 times)

BizFlyer

• Former member
D-Check and afterwards only 84% condition!!!
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
I find, that after C-checks, but even after D-checks the plane┤s condition is not back to 100%. It remains at 84%, the condition, that the plane had prior to the D-check.

I can accept, that perhaps an A-, a B- and perhaps even a C-check do not cover all maintenance, that is bringing back a plane to 100%.

But after a D-check, where the whole plane is disassembled down to the last rivet and screw, I am a bit astonished.

By the way, this is also contrary to my real-life experiences, that I had made as a young man at Lufthansa-Technik in Hamburg.
A plane that left a D-check there, was even better than new...

Any explanations for the way, in which this is handled in AirwaySim?

Greetings,

BizFlyer

KM449

• Former member
Re: D-Check and afterwards only 84% condition!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »
I work for the competitor of Lufthansa Technik :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:57:01 AM »
The condition level is updated after the check is completed I think.

The new condition depends on what condition thr plane was before the check... If it was very poor, it will not rise to 100%

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
When I was a newbie, I put a lot of stock in "condition", and I found it very frustrating.

Now, however, I do not find "condition" to be a very helpful piece of information, and I have learned that if I look at "condition"at all, it is the last piece of evidence I take into consideration before making a decision about an aircraft.

BizFlyer

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
Thanks, Fellas, wor responding.

1.) It was a very short spell in 1979 - 7 months, time-limited job. But very interesting. Tragically, I haven┤t had in my rela life never ever again anything to do with the airline-industry, except for being a pax now and then.

2.) My aircraft┤s condition was never below 84 % - BEFORE the D-check occurred. therefore I cannot see, how I should not come up to 100%. And even, if it was lower, then a D-check could cover that as well and put a price on top of the list-price.

3.) I understand as per the rules, that, the better the condition of a plane is, the more attractive the plane/airline is for the passengers. I can confirm this from real life too, there are airlines, that I have flown with, who do not instill any motivation in me to use them again. And that had certainly to do with the condition of the cabin or other visual clues inside/outside of the plane.
For that reason I believe, that it is not only stated, but in fact implemented as an algorythm in the game, that good condition = better business and bad condition = worse business applies for the gamers.

Could Sami please jump in on this?

Otherwise the game is still fun!!!

Greetings,

BizFlyer

Troxartas86

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 03:28:33 AM »
When I was a newbie, I put a lot of stock in "condition", and I found it very frustrating.

Now, however, I do not find "condition" to be a very helpful piece of information, and I have learned that if I look at "condition"at all, it is the last piece of evidence I take into consideration before making a decision about an aircraft.

Pay attention to your delay and cancellation figures, if you have any planes in poor condition you will experience technical problems.

BizFlyer

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
... Sami seems to be on holiday... But a good programmer needs a holiday now and then too...

But maybe he still sees this and can give me an englightment.

Greetings,

BizFyler

BizFlyer

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:14 AM »
Nobody coming up with a good, logic answer to my initial question?

Greetings,

BizFlyer

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »
Nobody coming up with a good, logic answer to my initial question?

Greetings,

BizFlyer

You mean in AWS, D check only restores 50% of condition? Is that the answer you seek?

Talentz

BizFlyer

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
Hallo Talentz,

you mean to say, that only 50% of the condition of the plane is restored with a D-check???

It is hard for me to believe that...

Maybe someone must explain to me, what a D-ckeck does to a plane in AWS.

To my understanding in a D-check the planes come in mainly a shambles with a lot of parts to be reworked, be it the landing gear or the engines or loose panelling in the cabin or the radios and so on - there could be mentioned hundreds of other items to be repaired.
Other examples, that come to my mind would be repainting and also reworking of the seating, new carpets and so on.

This is, why all this is so expensive.
But afterwards, the plane should be in 1▀▀% condition.
End of story according to my understanding.

No someone else jump in, who knows it better than me.

Greetings,

BizFlyer

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »
The plane is completely disassembled and rebuilt. I've never had this problem. The only time my aircraft are 100% is after a D check. Once it starts flying it goes back down to the 90s. But my aircraft are usually 80% condition or more before going in for heavy maintenance.

Hope this helps.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.