Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Editing out a tech stop?  (Read 639 times)

Offline Karl

• Members
Editing out a tech stop?
« on: March 13, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
I have a long haul route that includes a tech stop. 

Is there a way to edit the route to remove the tech stop without cancelling the route and starting a new?

Editing means that I can save money on slots.  It is very easy to edit a route without a tech stop, but I cannot seem to find a way to edit the routing in order to get rid of a poorly placed tech stop.

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: Editing out a tech stop?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
I don't think so, but you shouldn't have to pay money to buy extra slots either way.  When you close the route, uncheck 'release slots to general public'.  That will keep the slots you have and you can reuse them on the new route, assuming your departing times are the same.  Typically the problem comes in when you are eliminating a tech stop, the plan gets there a lot faster so that you have an incremental slot expense at the outbound airport because you want to plane to leave earlier than it did before.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »
He said uncheck the release slots box, which is by default ticked and thus slots are released when normally closing a route. Hope that clears it up
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:57 AM »
I don't think so, but you shouldn't have to pay money to buy extra slots either way.  When you close the route, uncheck 'release slots to general public'.  That will keep the slots you have and you can reuse them on the new route, assuming your departing times are the same.  Typically the problem comes in when you are eliminating a tech stop, the plan gets there a lot faster so that you have an incremental slot expense at the outbound airport because you want to plane to leave earlier than it did before.

Unless you increase the turn time to compensate for no stop

Offline Karl

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:20:27 AM »
There is no way that I could find to edit out the tech stop from an existing schedule.

The only way I could do it was to cancel the flights and rebuild the schedule from scratch.  There was some cost for the new slots that were required because of the different aircraft speed and turn time.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
There is no way that I could find to edit out the tech stop from an existing schedule.

The only way I could do it was to cancel the flights and rebuild the schedule from scratch.  There was some cost for the new slots that were required because of the different aircraft speed and turn time.

That's correct and going back to the OP, that's the only way of doing it currently. There is an open feature request to be able to edit out tech stops.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »
Yes, but not to save money. If you use different slots at both airports for faster travel and turn-around, you are using new slots. Of course you will have to pay for them.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.