Plane´s condition after C-Check

Started by BizFlyer, February 20, 2013, 07:48:24 AM

BizFlyer

Why is my plane´s condition one week after C-check only at 93% ???

If I were a real airline and I found that out, I would fire the maintenance company!

Greetings,

BizFlyer

Infinity

Checks add a predefined percentage of condition to your aircraft. Say a C-Check adds 10% (just a random number, I'm not exactly sure how much it adds), then an aircraft coming from 83% will obviously only have 93% after the check is completed.

Talentz

Quote from: saftfrucht on February 20, 2013, 08:00:04 AM
Checks add a predefined percentage of condition to your aircraft. Say a C-Check adds 10% (just a random number, I'm not exactly sure how much it adds), then an aircraft coming from 83% will obviously only have 93% after the check is completed.

30%, if Sami hasn't changed anything.

Talentz

Karl

But, how can a used aircraft be at 100% and almost need a check?

I find it very confusing to look for aircraft in the used market place.  Evaluating a used aircraft by "condition percentage" can be very misleading and confusing.

Infinity

Checks run out after fixed time intervals and have nothing to do with the condition the aircraft is in prior to the check.

Condition in the Used Market view is indeed only a general indicator, you should always look at the aircrafts details (where you can see how far away the next checks are) before purchasing or leasing. However, you should also not necessarily pick an aircraft with less than 80-85% condition from the used market.