Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New Aircraft Lease question  (Read 697 times)

Shawnssbn733

• Former member
New Aircraft Lease question
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »
I want to lease a new aircraft, but don't want to lease it longer than when the first D check is necessary. Does anybody know how long that lease should be? 4 years? 4.5 years? Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
Re: New Aircraft Lease question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
D checks are required every 8 years. If you order new from the factory, you can lease for 7.5 years and not have to worry about a D check. If you lease from the used market, click the magnifying glass next to the plane. About half way down you will see the length of time before the next required C and D check. Just lease for less time than that and you will avoid the D checks.

Don
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 12:25:34 AM »
Also make sure you keep an eye of the aircraft in case the lease automatically extends and you end up doing a D-check on it. Regularly check you aircraft for D-checks (using My Aircraft > Maintanence View) if you intend to return them before the D-check comes around!

stansu

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:46:59 AM »
D checks are required every 8 years. If you order new from the factory, you can lease for 7.5 years and not have to worry about a D check. If you lease from the used market, click the magnifying glass next to the plane. About half way down you will see the length of time before the next required C and D check. Just lease for less time than that and you will avoid the D checks.

Don

I have been wondering what happens if I lease a new aircraft for 8 years? Does it perform D check on the last day of lease?

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »
Not if you cancel the lease before the D check is due. When you lease a plane, you have a minimum term of 10% of the agreed duration. After that minimum period has passed, you can cancel the lease at any time by paying 50% of the remaining lease payments by simply clicking "Terminate Lease" on the aircraft's page. So, if you lease for 8 years just make sure you terminate the lease before the D check is automatically run.

Don
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

paulorcrs

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:19:10 PM »
I leased a aircraft to someone else, which account does the money goes

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.