Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Set all Staff to 100% without firing  (Read 1305 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[-] Set all Staff to 100% without firing
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:15:28 PM »
As the title says, I'd like an option on the staff page to 100% without firing staff. This is useful in situatoins where you plan on needing the staff at a later point and don't want to take the CI hit in order to sack them for a few game months. I have been driven mad with having an extra 100 wide body drivers for the past while using the manual staffing option.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:35:00 AM by sami »

Talentz

• Former member
Re: Set all Staff to 100% without firing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:10:29 AM »
That would be quite useful.

Basically, when your manually doing staff and adding flights. Some groups will get hired and some wont as much.

Lets say you add a flight and it drops cabin crew to 99%. Yet all your office people are at 101% still. What do you do?

Two general options: You either set the hiring at 101% and pay 1% more for groups that are not needed ( large pilots 100% -> 101% for no reason or cabin crew for this example)
or
You manually hire cabin crew with the "slider" that slides forever. Making it nearly impossible to get to the number you need (ie 100%) and after 5 frustrating minutes, you give up and set hiring to 101% press "save" and say to hell with it...

Is that what your talking about Schro?

Talentz

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:19:30 AM »
That would be quite useful.

Basically, when your manually doing staff and adding flights. Some groups will get hired and some wont as much.

Lets say you add a flight and it drops cabin crew to 99%. Yet all your office people are at 101% still. What do you do?

Two general options: You either set the hiring at 101% and pay 1% more for groups that are not needed ( large pilots 100% -> 101% for no reason or cabin crew for this example)
or
You manually hire cabin crew with the "slider" that slides forever. Making it nearly impossible to get to the number you need (ie 100%) and after 5 frustrating minutes, you give up and set hiring to 101% press "save" and say to hell with it...

Is that what your talking about Schro?

Talentz

Not quite. You can already click on the numbers and type in your new value - I don't mess with the slider.

I have cases with the staff that I have, where I might have 20 extra cabin crew, which is still "100%" from a rounding perspective. Having to boost all staff classifications is beyond retarded :-P.  When that happens, if I set staff to 100%, I then have to go manually edit that line item to be 20 higher than required, otherwise the system will fire staff for me, which is undesireable. It isn't so bad when there's only 1 staff group like that, but what happened in my related bug listing posted around the same time, is that I was scheduling routes today and because the number of required staff dropped for all categories but pilots/crew, I was having to manually edit every single fracking line to the right value, as the "set to" options would try to issue pink slips....

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 03:54:17 AM »
Sounds horrible...

I just hire up with staffing to 101%. I think I know what your talking about though. However, since I mainly use auto these days, I can't remember the last time I had to deal with that.

Why not give in to auto? Save you some time ;)

Talentz

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 03:57:30 AM »
Sounds horrible...

I just hire up with staffing to 101%. I think I know what your talking about though. However, since I mainly use auto these days, I can't remember the last time I had to deal with that.

Why not give in to auto? Save you some time ;)

Talentz

This is actually the first game world that I've tried going manual. Auto has a tendancy to hire an extra percent or two here and there so you're always slightly overstaffed. I may just go back to it, and then issue some bug reports about the auto hiring bot getting too friendly in HR interviews...

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:34 AM »
I saw cases when the system auto hire up to 50% more staff (they hired 150 high management officer while only need 100)

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »
I had something similar happen in JA, I think it was triggered when I opened a new base, and all of a sudden I had 40% too many management.

I was running manual staff early in the game, then switched to auto. Then this happened, so I had to spend a year manually hiring again.

Perhaps this confused the system.

PS, PLEASE add a type box to the manual hiring of staff... the sliders are about as accurate as a North Korean missile strike.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »
PS, PLEASE add a type box to the manual hiring of staff... the sliders are about as accurate as a North Korean missile strike.

Theer has been a type box for as long as I have been playing. I've always used manual staff, and never used the sliders.

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »
A type box, per department...

Not just for the entire workforce.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 08:02:48 PM »
Yes. That's what I use to set staff on the rare occasions I've got too many thanks to bases/retiring planes. Set staff to 100%, then manually use the text boxes for the oversupplied departments, so that I don't fire anybody. Next to every department, both the red wage numbers and the green staff numbers are boxes that you can use to type in your own value.

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
No department boxes for me  :(

I like the idea of oversupplying some departments and saving costs elsewhere...

piperpa46

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »
No department boxes for me  :(

I like the idea of oversupplying some departments and saving costs elsewhere...

For me it doesn't relly look like a box, nut just click on the staff number and start entering the number you want. The same with salary.

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 09:51:07 PM »
Yes! I see the invisible light!!!

Thanks mate.

brique

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
As an aside, but on this subject : is there any room at all for reducing staff levels in any category that doesn't kick-off mass cancellations and the consequent decimation of your CI?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.