Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: One Question and Some Suggestions  (Read 477 times)

yyebo

• Former member
One Question and Some Suggestions
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:33:04 AM »
Just joined this game for a couple of days, and deeply loved it.

Good work Team!

OK, here is my question: I found that we can only have one plane for one route, then:

a route cost over 19 hrs (includes turn-around time) for 7 days a week is impossible because of A check.

I belive in real world that we can use more than one plane for a single route, right?

We also could be able to use 3 planes in 2 different routes in real world as well.

Suggestions:

1. As I mentioned before, we may be able to amemd an order before the plane has been delivered, some penalties may apply of course

2. I found that it is not difficult to operate a profitable company if you have the right strategy, so maybe we should create more challenges for those top players, I mean, for different levels of players we should have different objectives to archieve, not just simply expand our routes and make large amount of profit (though this is the most important).

3. We may sould have a more complecated financial system, especially the capital market, like issuing shares, bonds, mergers, etc. It will be a lot of work to architact such a system, and we could learn from the Railway Tycoon III.

4. Sometimes I found that we need to fight for a good plane to lease, especially at the first phrase of a new game, may be we can create an agent system, we put into our orders and it will find it for us once there is a such plane available, then we don't have to sit in front of our computers and just clicking the "refresh" bottom.

Those above are just my thoughts, some may be wrong or unrealistic, but all comments welcome.

Cheers!

Echoco

• Former member
Re: One Question and Some Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 03:08:47 AM »
Hi you can have more than 1 plane on a route, what i think you are talking of are flights, you have to duplicate the flight pressing the green + in the route management and checking turn around and time and such.

for the 19 hours flight you just have to fly 6 days and the 7th day fly some shorter routes

4. how are agents handled when every airline uses them someone will still get the plane, also the aircraft might become available when the airline is short on money and take it into the red.

yyebo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 03:54:35 AM »
Hi Echoco, thanks for the response.

Hi you can have more than 1 plane on a route, what i think you are talking of are flights, you have to duplicate the flight pressing the green + in the route management and checking turn around and time and such.

for the 19 hours flight you just have to fly 6 days and the 7th day fly some shorter routes

OK, I think I got some confusion between flights and routes.

I know the following question is silly but please don't laughing at me:

for example,

I have 10 planes operate between LAX and JFK at different departure times,

is this to be considered as one route or ten routes?

4. how are agents handled when every airline uses them someone will still get the plane,

As I mentioned that this agent is for desinged for players who don't have time to wait the used aircraft list updated, they can place an order before the aircraft becomes available.

If many users placed orders to a same model aircraft, it can be determined by who placed the order first.

also the aircraft might become available when the airline is short on money and take it into the red.

So the airline must put some deposit (like 4 month lease payment) first.

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 04:11:04 AM »
I'm not very well versed in the airline terminology, in my understanding a route are all flight between 2 airports so if your 10 planes all flies to 10 different airports then that'll be 10 routes in my head or you could fly all 10 planes to the same airports and that'll be 1 route. 1 route can have multiple flights

"If many users placed orders to a same model aircraft, it can be determined by who placed the order first."

i think this assume each airline will put in an reservation of 1 plane each, there will definitely be cases of larger airlines reserving larger number and one this feature become available doing it manually wouldn't be an option anymore, since the auto will always get the aircraft first.

"So the airline must put some deposit (like 4 month lease payment) first."

i can understand this but it ties down resources, going by the above examples if there are 50 airlines reserving the same aircraft type that need to be filled first it would be a very longtime before you get your aircraft that you paid for, also aircraft lease on the used market are not the same but dependent on the age as well.

1. i agree with this its a nice to have something like this, even to change the order to somethign else say a newer model of the A320 family comes out and you want to change.

3. I think sami is planning to add this in later version of the game.

sorry if I seem overly pessimistic I just have a knack for spotting how a plan might fail.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.