Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Need Some Advice!!!  (Read 656 times)

aces114

• Former member
Need Some Advice!!!
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
If anyone could please take a look at my routes, I would appreciate it very much I have a total of 18 planes but I am in airport where the demand isn't that high on a lot of my routes!!! I cannot continue to keep paying the lease rates as well as the very high mainteance. At this point I don't know what I should do!! I need to increase my revenue so I can afford new planes and open a new base!!!

Thanks

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Need Some Advice!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »
I would perhaps suggest to apply for a Mentor, as the experienced players are not in this game world.

Sanabas

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
If you abandon your airline an hour after asking for help, it's going to be pretty tough to have anyone offer advice.

For your new airline:

You've picked a big, relatively empty airport. That's very good.

You've spent most of your start-up cash on a 300 seat widebody that doesn't have the range to fly any of the LH routes you actually have. That's extremely bad.

You've got it flying twice a day to ATL, a route that already has 25 daily flights, and 4000+ seats supplied on a 2500 seat route. That's also very bad.

The route to ORD is 2000 pax, and only has 1400 seats. Las Vegas, KC, Phoenix, both Dallas airports are all short, biggish routes that are undersupplied. There are heaps more empty or undersupplied routes of 80+ pax and under 1500 NM.

Flying your a306 twice a day to ATL will lead to bankruptcy, you'll never make any profit to even start growing.

You'll be much better off restarting in Denver, using a far cheaper, more appropriate plane type (737/a320/MD80/f100), and picking better routes to fly. You'll make money, allowing you to get more of the same plane type, start flying more empty(ish) routes, which means even more profit.

Offline 1beri

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
Welcome to Denver, my second base!

I'm relatively new to this game too, but I'll give you a couple things I noticed.  I did have a quick check of your Tulsa based airline before you ditched it, but there are a lot of things most of us cannot look at.

1. Read the forums: especially Curse's AWS Basic FAQ in the General Forum or the other guides for beginners.

2. If you want more detailed help request mentoring as Sami said.  The other way to get more specific route and aircraft help is to ask others in your alliance if you are in one.  I believe your Tulsa based airline was in my alliance...now you are directly competing with me on every route out of Denver  ;D

3. I'm going to reinforce the principle of choosing the right aircraft. A 3-10 yr old 737 or A320 will serve just about all the airports you need in the first 3 pages of "route planning" domestically out of Denver.  Take your time choosing.  Compare the sale price to calculated price, and don't lease an starting aircraft beyond it's D-check unless it is a long way out.  Don't over pay for an overpriced 737-400 when a 737-200adv will do the job getting started.  The other part of this is that there is an a great desire by most of us to expand like crazy and get aircraft after aircraft flying route after route.  You complained about leasing costs at your Tulsa based airline.  When you lease an aircraft remember that you PRE-PAY 4 months lease.  That means for 4 months afterwards, your income will appear great.  Then at month 5 those payments start kicking in again and your profit will drop.  Most likely you will be tempted in this 4 month window to expand.  Be patient.  And when you ARE stable financially and ready to expand, pick another aircraft in your fleetgroup.

4. Choose your routes and TIMES carefully.  Advice here may come back to bite me. ;)   USE the route planning page and check through all the airports and find a suitable one.  Starting out, make sure there is AVAILABLE demand. I thought you were doing all right on this point in Tulsa, but flying a A300 DEN-ATL is making me second guess that. Timing: if you are planning on flying to another big airport with other airlines serving that route, try to schedule your aircraft to depart/arrive at different times than the others.  And...watch your turnaround times.  A cancelled flight is a hit on CI and revenue!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.