Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Warning when landing/depart in curfew time  (Read 551 times)

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
[-] Warning when landing/depart in curfew time
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:55:20 AM »
Hi,

Currently, if the return flight depart when the airport is closed, the system shows that there's no slots, which is an indication that the route can't be created.

However, if it lands before the airport open (5 am for example), and depart back when it's open (6:30 am), there's no warning until we confirm the routes. This is player's fault for not checking the airport's information throughout, but if the system can show a warning, it'd be much appreciated. Especially with 7 day schedule, and after making the schedule and creating 6 flights or so, the 7th flights can't be done due to airport closed at landing or such, the whole 7 day schedule would be ruined

Also, please add warning to tech stop, too. If routes have tech stop at airports with curfew, we can only check if the departing flight lands/departs within operating hour of the tech stop, but we can't check the landing/departing time of the returning flight

Thank you very much

HP
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:33:51 PM by sami »

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: Warning when landing/depart in curfew time
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:07:01 AM »
KSAN still hasn't been corrected. Landings are permitted 24/7. It's takeoffs that have the curfew at 2300.

exchlbg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:31:38 AM »
That has nothing to do with topic.And curfews all over the game have a strict pattern: no difference between departure and arrival curfews. AWS canīt just follow every possible exception one of all airports in database might see.This game is close to reality within reasonable limits, not a 100% mirror.So please let it go, your case was dismissed everytime you came up with it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:38:53 AM by exchlbg »

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:52:36 AM »
Also, please add warning to tech stop, too. If routes have tech stop at airports with curfew, we can only check if the departing flight lands/departs within operating hour of the tech stop, but we can't check the landing/departing time of the returning flight

You can. If you hover your mouse over the little info button, I think next to the total flight time, you'll see all the details for that leg. Taxi time, time in air, landing & departure from tech-stop, etc. Works for the return leg, too. Of course, you still need to pay attention yourself to the tech-stop's curfew.

I'd rather not have a warning for this, to be honest. Unless it can be switched off in the options. It's one more thing for the system to check as I set up a route, which makes things slower. It's one more popup that will tell me something I can check myself pretty quickly, and will probably needlessly popup partway through and just annoy me. e.g. I need to take off later than 23:30 to land at 0500 or later, when the destination airport opens. To get to 23:30, I'll go through having it at 23:00, and have a warning popup. I think the annoyance outweighs the benefit, at least for me.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.