Improved Route Pricing Page

Started by Zombie Slayer, November 24, 2012, 12:06:34 AM

Zombie Slayer

With price being far more important in the current version of AWS, I am requesting a more detailed route pricing page.

Currently, to manage individual market prices, one has to go through the time consuming process of going through each route individually and deciding if the current price point is too high, too low, or just right. A large airline with 10,000 weekly flights or more may need to spend several hours once a week to make sure price is set properly. While price being a true factor in passengers flight selection is a good thing for the game, the current price management process is very time consuming and negatively affects game play.

So, what would be very helpful for me would be a page that would be kind of a combination of the manage routes page, the price management page, and the timetable page merged into one. All routes would be grouped by market (for example, every JFK-LAX route would appear together as one entry) and default arrangement would be alphabetical by destination city (since all routes originate and terminate at a base.)

This page would then list each markets:

Load Factor
Default Price
Your Price (display your average of all flights and % above or below default)
Avg daily demand
Your seats supplied
Total seats supplied

For each individual market, the user could click a button to open the price management page for that city pair (in a new tab) to adjust fares of that market.

A page like this would literally save me -hours- each week and vastly improve game play.

Don
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

ArcherII

Completely agree.

I'd like to add the possibility that if default price rises 1%, it's automatically transferred to your routes. The way it is now, if STD prices change you have two ways: either set all prices to STD (losing all your pricing strategy across the board), or re-setting every route (origin-destination, that is) manually.

Long story short, make the STD pricing function an automated process (but NOT put STD prices, just follow the fluctuation).

Mr.HP

Requested many time already. I'd like to add, that beside grouping routes to market, we should be able to filter by distance, by A/C type, by base. I'd love to have this feature implemented ASAP

Quote from: ArcherII on November 24, 2012, 01:00:33 AM
I'd like to add the possibility that if default price rises 1%, it's automatically transferred to your routes. The way it is now, if STD prices change you have two ways: either set all prices to STD (losing all your pricing strategy across the board), or re-setting every route (origin-destination, that is) manually.

Long story short, make the STD pricing function an automated process (but NOT put STD prices, just follow the fluctuation).

Someone's requested this feature already. Like the ability to set price above/below default price by a fix percentage. So if default price goes up or down, the set price will follow

Zombie Slayer

No other thoughts on this? No one else gets bogged down resetting prices?
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Sanabas

Said it all in the previous threads.  :P

Pricing interface was fine when price was irrelevant. Now that price matters, the pricing interface is extremely clunky.

Mr.HP

Guess that only players dedicate lots of time doing the micromanagement will get the benefits, then. No pain no gain, huh?

Talentz

Quote from: JetWestInc on November 28, 2012, 09:51:14 PM
No other thoughts on this? No one else gets bogged down resetting prices?

Probably why I don't care as much as other players do is because I work to control costs instead of tweaking revenue. My goal is to create the lowest possible cost structure for my airline. This directly results from my overall strategy I pursue each game.

That's not to say I don't tweak routes and such. It's just not that important to me. Perhaps 3 yrs ago it was...

Talentz

brique

As a price micro-manager, I'd welcome an improvement in the price management pages : it can be very clunky at times going back and forth from route management, to specific route info, to 'group' route info (for all flights to the destination), adjust if reqd, then back again to route management, repeat ad infinitum : and I'm a small outfit, Eris knows how you bigger boys manage it.

I'm not sure how the process can be changed for the better : sometimes its easier to just do a general price adjustment, but that can not always be ideal for all your routes, so you end up going back in again a day later to check, adjust, *yawn. Having ALL the data/change points accessible from a single page would be good, but I can also see it being overwhelmingly complicated for less-seasoned players

I agree that as price is now a far greater influence, and can be key to making some routes profitable, be it due to demand, competition, compensating for imperfect scheduling, or whatever ; it does need to be made a less tortuous process. Perhaps the key is to enable us to see what we need to know on one page ; then the adjustment routine can be left as is ; the time saving would be from not having to go into the bowels of each route, those that look okay on that new page can be 'ignored' so the OP's ideas are in the right direction, for me.

cturner9953

i hope the base selection box for the pricing  is added before bases on MT8 start!!! if it ever will!!

BD

Since this thread was linked in the thread discussing Sami's new updates, I'd like to add to the existing requests the following feature:

Even if no other change is made, hours can be saved by making the individual routes selectable within price management to which the adjustments are applied. 

This would save going into each route individually, and should be a relatively "simple" change to the existing system.

It seems pax demand for routes at different times of day are independently price sensitive. 

The updates in Sami's thread are still oriented to mass change for all routes to a given destination or individually changed in the route editing screen (though it is helpful to have increment buttons available vs typing amounts every time).

cturner9953

I would like to bring this up again. It is needed and would save so much time!!