Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Base airports restrictions based on airport size  (Read 444 times)

thedr2

• Former member
[ok] Base airports restrictions based on airport size
« on: November 16, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
I've come back after a little while away from AWS, just set up a regional airline in Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania). It's been mentioned before that regional airline's are difficult to run in AWS, but I think it would be easier if the restrictions on how many aircraft you need at each base are made fairer, by basing them on the size of the airport.

So for instance, 15 aircraft is nothing if you are based at LHR, LAX, NRT etc. But if you're my little Tanzanian airline, there's probably only enough routes for 5-8 aircraft at most. Meaning that if you want to open a second base, the only way is to buy another 7-10 aircraft just to park them there. Most regional airlines have mutliple bases with only a few aircraft based at each, and these smaller airports are almost completely empty in AWS as it is.

So what I'm suggesting is an aircraft limit that is a sliding scale based on the size of your home airport.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:31:38 PM by sami »

brique

• Former member
Re: Base airports restrictions based on airport size
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

edited for brevity:

So for instance, 15 aircraft is nothing if you are based at LHR, LAX, NRT etc. But if you're my little Tanzanian airline, there's probably only enough routes for 5-8 aircraft at most. Meaning that if you want to open a second base, the only way is to buy another 7-10 aircraft just to park them there. Most regional airlines have mutliple bases with only a few aircraft based at each, and these smaller airports are almost completely empty in AWS as it is.

So what I'm suggesting is an aircraft limit that is a sliding scale based on the size of your home airport.

Thats why God made 20 yr old PC12's : nobody flies them (except for Troxartas, but then he is slightly weird), you buy 'em and park 'em, to make up the numbers :)

thedr2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
And take the extra hit on fleet commonality and maintenance? Hardly sounds fair.  :laugh:

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:35:59 AM »
And take the extra hit on fleet commonality and maintenance? Hardly sounds fair.  :laugh:

If you don't fly any of them, you ain't payin' for 'em ;)

brique

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 02:06:35 AM »
If you don't fly any of them, you ain't payin' for 'em ;)

Just the insurance : which is way too high as well... I made a claim for a dented nose-cone (total accident, a badly behaved goat was at fault, tried to do a somersault mid-flight and veered off course), still waiting for the pay-out...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.