Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fight for 757-767-777 and Airbus  (Read 1121 times)

Stormy86

• Former member
Fight for 757-767-777 and Airbus
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:43:33 AM »
Hi there,

I think the game has reached a point in which the fight for good aircraft in the used market is unsustainable. I have spent the last 6 months trying to get a 767 in the used market and every time I wait for it to appear at 00:00 and click on it there is already somebody who has taken it. It is no longer a game of planning but a game of how quick your computer is opening the screens in order to secure the most desired aircraft. The rest of us have to order it and wait for 2 years or more to receive it.

At the speed this game goes, once your plane has arrived the route you planned it for is no longer competitive so you can't use the aircraft anyway.

Can you guys think of any solution to these problems?

jagalubnan

• Former member
Re: Fight for 757-767-777 and Airbus
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »
Create a backup route maybe?

Stormy86

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Hi Jagalubnan,

Maybe my English is not good enough, what's a backup route?

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:02:56 AM »
The used market in this game constantly generating "new" plane to the market,which I think is very unrealistic,and already doing a favor for the new airlines. :P

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
Heh.. I kinda feel sorry for you... Since today err yesterday was my off day. I've spent the money I have saved (via work -_-") to grab aircraft.

So yeah.. I think i've picked up 16 or 17 aircraft yesterday on the market..  :laugh:

What can I say.. though I have figured out the "random" day the used market list(and how long it takes to move to another "random" day). If im correct, it should change this coming week ;)

(nice try sami  :P)

I suggest you start placing new orders if you cant grab used aircraft. Get good slots. Before we start seeing aircraft delivered in 2000+  ???

In "rapid expansion" mode, you should never really have alot of money in your acct. Always keep the aircraft coming in. So you can grow and take demand before others can. 

But this is part of the game. We cant all have 1000 777s at the same time. Nor would I want a game like that. Theres 347 players right now. You cant possibly supply every aircraft they want. The game would be boring within 3 years tops.

Also, its all part of the strategy. "Rapid expand" so you can order new aircraft and get them first. Forcing the rest of the airliners to fight it out on the used market. The players who can do this will very well will be among the top airlines in the world.

Talentz

Stormy86

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
I completely agree with you guys! Definitely we need the game to be competitive and not easy and I like this fight. I just felt that it is not really the new guys the ones who are picking the aircraft in the used market, but the most experienced ones with bigger airlines and more money to pick them quickly with no money problems. What I mean is that the used market is suffering from bullying from the big guys so the less experienced can't take advantage of planes delivered within 2 weeks in order to be competitive quickly.

Maybe a better way would be to allow people to start with 1 or 2 planes and forget about the used market, be only able to order planes from the manufacturer. In that way the game would become a lot more tricky, expansion a lot slower, because in just 2 years games I'm seeing airlines which are aproaching the 100 planes with orders for 50 more... That's unrealistic. Ryanair with it's quick expansion needed 20 years to get to the 168 planes it has today!!!

What do you think about that?

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:01:59 AM »
Well, very true. You have good points.

Personally, I lean towards learning as you go. Experience before, make mistakes, learn from them. I truly think thats the best way to grow, as a player. As a human too, but will leave that alone  ;)

That said. Since I've played in the betas, I have a few levels on the newer players. So i've gone from being a peaceful CEO to being an aggressive and one of the most hated players over the past few games.  :laugh:

In any case, that doesn't really solve the problem.

Hmm.. I would say, keep trying. Continue to push, learn and keep pushing yourself until a few days/weeks from now... you find yourself a better player. Over time you learn the tricks of the trade as it were. Thus, you yourself become a better player.

There's really no need to make a perfect world setting here. There will always be players who are one one step ahead of any system. Not because there older or know better, but because they are like you. Working to better them selfs as a player. Learning and growing. Falling, then learning how and why they fell.

That really is the key to AWS. Theres alot more to just "ordering aircraft" and spam clicking add routes. It takes time and a willingness to learn the ropes (as is with just about everything in life.. )

So, keep trying. Theres a patten to when and where the aircraft pop up. It changes every x amount of game weeks and when its 23:30 the day before the change.. remember get ready to load the page  ;)

Talentz

dazz81

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »
It will settle down soon once everyone establishes their route networks.  After a while airlines will be looking to purchase new aircraft to replace all those older used models and they will all be coming on the market again and the used market will have heaps to choose from. goes in cycles

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:37:29 AM »
Supply and demand, people.

Right now, no one can easily get good new planes until 2 game years from now.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 03:33:36 PM »
The airlines are not supposed to 'live' with used planes, that's not the idea - focus on new planes instead.. So increasing the "supply" will not happen as that makes the game too easy as planes appear from nowhere so to say (but the a/c generation is a must as it would take so long time before player airlines have something to sell there as the world starts from zero).

Stormy86

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
Well, thanks for the input guys. I mean, I'm not really into trouble, I have my cue of planes to be delivered and I'm making good money so I'll see how far I can push;)

For Talentz: Yeah, the problem with the generated planes is that I know when they appear and I am waiting for it like a tiger for the meat, but as soon as I update the page and click on an airplane my computer is not fast enough as to get it faster than other people with faster computers!!!! What a shame! I'll need to buy a new one to succeed in AWS;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.