Distribution Chanels?

Started by AlexL, January 21, 2009, 08:54:12 PM

AlexL

Hi everybody!

Just a little thought: how about distribution chanels?
One possibility is, that every player (okay: CEO! :)) of an airline has to decide, if the company will sell their tickets via town-offices, airport ticket-desks, GDS (global distribution systems), Internet, Tour Operator or Service Center. Every Distribution will have an impact on the ticket-sales, but will also cost money...

Brgds
Alex

Sami

Yep, any ideas how it would be the best to make this work in user's point of view?

Jps

Perhaps give options like Internet and offices in either major medium and/or small cities in your country, continent... or in the cities you fly to, and then let the airline choose from those based on different costs, which could be calculated for example from the size of the airline and some other variables. Every option would also give different passenger boost, like internet being cheap and giving a small-medium boost to every route, where as town offices could give a bit bigger (?) boost to the routes from/to that town.

ChrisR

Can I say that is a very good idea even having travel agents would be good as well

ChrisR

Also it will make the games more realistic and exciting  :)

exchlbg

Then please tell us precizely, what should be so "exciting" about travel agents? Since internet booking became popular, they don´t play a significant role in that process, and even before that only were a means to buy tickets. So what´s the big deal?

Budjet

I can see where you're coming from, but seeing as it will effect loadfactors and new routes take a while to get full loadfactors without having to buy passengers somehow, I say no thanks.