NEED HELP! How to change aircraft base

Started by Chaxterium, October 01, 2012, 07:07:28 AM

Chaxterium

Hello,

I just opened up a new base. It's the first time I've ever opened a new base so I'm very new to it. My problem is that I bought a new plane but I sent it to the wrong base accidentally and now I can't see how to send it to the correct base. Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,
Chax

EsquireFlyer

After the plane arrives you can go to the My Aircraft page and use the "rebase aircraft" link there to move it for a minimal fee.

There is no way to redirect a used plane on order it until it arrives, however. So when ordering a used plane, be careful to pick the right base.

For new planes on order, base can be changed until 1 month before delivery, after which you have to wait for the plane to arrive before rebasing it.

Chaxterium

Chaxterium

One more question. I bought another new aircraft with an expired C check. I forgot to have the C checked completed before arrival so since I have C checks set to take place automatically will the aircraft go into C check as soon as it's delivered?

Jona L.

Quote from: Chaxterium on October 01, 2012, 08:07:23 AM
One more question. I bought another new aircraft with an expired C check. I forgot to have the C checked completed before arrival so since I have C checks set to take place automatically will the aircraft go into C check as soon as it's delivered?

Never had that happen to me, but it should actually get performed. Might take till the end of the (game) day, until you actually see it is in maintenance (these things only get updated every game day).

As a general rule of thumb: Don't take those planes off the used market, which you have to invest a couple of millions in, before being able to generate any profits from it. Only exception is, if you buy it, and the sale price is reduced more than the check cost....

cheers,
Jona L.

Chaxterium

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I know not to buy aircraft that are due for heavy checks but I had no choice. I needed an aircraft immediately and all the aircraft available needed checks and I didn't have time to make an order for a new aircraft and then wait for the delivery. A C check for the F100 isn't a big deal anyway. It's under $300k and only takes 10 days. My company can absorb that with no problems. A D check is a different story. Or a C check for a much older, or larger aircraft. But in this case the C check isn't a big deal for me. It wasn't ideal, but like I said I needed it immediately. Also since the C check was expired the sale price was $3M less than the value so after completing the check I'm actually up $2.7M.

Cheers,
Chax

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: Jona L. on October 01, 2012, 09:11:21 AM
As a general rule of thumb: Don't take those planes off the used market, which you have to invest a couple of millions in, before being able to generate any profits from it. Only exception is, if you buy it, and the sale price is reduced more than the check cost....

I don't completely agree. I would still buy or lease a used plane with C/D check due if (1) it's a high-demand plane and there are no alternatives with fresh checks available, at a comparable price, and (2) if it's a D check, I plan to use the plane for several years.

For a C check, I don't think it matters that much how soon it's expiring or if it's overdue, since on even a 1-year lease you will always pay for a C check at some point. It's just an inconvenience that the C check comes early, but the tradeoff is that you then get an uninterrupted year of service from the plane.

I don't think the key difference is whether the sale price is lower compared to calculated value than the price of the check, but whether the sale price is lower compared to other planes on the market than the price of the check. I would still lease a plane marked up 10% with an expired check, if all the planes with fresh checks are marked up 20% for example.