[Unofficial] AWS Meetup - EWR/NYC - Sept 21 or 22

Started by schro, September 07, 2012, 06:51:18 PM

schro

I've got a trip coming up that is sending me to Boise, and I'm saving a few bucks by dropping by EWR for a few days on the way back. I will be staying at the EWR Marriott and have Sept 21 and 22 open to do a meet up. I figured this would be a great idea, as there are many folks in this community that live in or near the NYC vicinity, so I figured I'd extend an open offer to see what works.

If you can make it, post in this thread and let me know if you have any good ideas for a venue, though, I'm sure we could just do the lobby/bar of the Marriott if we had no better options. I'm also curious what time slot would work best, so I've also added a poll - I suppose I'll make a judgement call in a week or so based on the responses and get the official time/date set.

Ninja edit: messed up the date on the first post. The options are 21 or 22 of Sept

Airbus101

EsquireFlyer

Is it possible to allow multi-votes in case you can make it to multiple times? All 3 times should work for me.

p.s. Where can we buy buttons/bling with our alliance on them?

Talentz

Too short notice. If you can plan something in Oct, I don't mind crashing it. Haven't been to EWR in a few years :)

Albert

schro

Quote from: Talentz on September 08, 2012, 03:17:05 AM
Too short notice. If you can plan something in Oct, I don't mind crashing it. Haven't been to EWR in a few years :)

Albert

I wish I had that much notice before trips - I often don't.

I will be in Denver Oct 11-14 for the Great American Beer Festival, but that airport is in the middle of nowhere and not quite as accessible...

ARASKA

Quote from: schro on September 09, 2012, 06:09:54 PM
I wish I had that much notice before trips - I often don't.

I will be in Denver Oct 11-14 for the Great American Beer Festival, but that airport is in the middle of nowhere and not quite as accessible...
Well KDEN would be the only place I could make it to and about any time would work. No guarantees however. KSFO might also work for me. 

JumboShrimp

swiftus27

If this is ever done for real, it would have to be planned well in advance. 

JumboShrimp

Ok. looks like we have e tentative date:

Friday, Sep 21, about 6 PM, EWR airport, Terminal B.  :)

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: JumboShrimp on September 11, 2012, 11:53:26 PM
Ok. looks like we have e tentative date:

Friday, Sep 21, about 6 PM, EWR airport, Terminal B.  :)

I'll be there!  ;D

Jona L.

alexgv1

CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

JumboShrimp

We actually did meet.

We had:
schro
EsquireFlyer
JumboShrimp

We "almost" had Herman as well.

Hopefully, we will have more people next time.

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: JumboShrimp on September 23, 2012, 07:41:42 PM
We actually did meet.

We had:
schro
EsquireFlyer
JumboShrimp

We "almost" had Herman as well.

Hopefully, we will have more people next time.

Yes! ;D

alexgv1

That's a good turnout for the first one, the Europe ones are stuck on three members as well. Hopefully we'll be having more of these popping up over the world with more in attendance. What did you guys do, just catch a beer/coffee?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

ban2

EsquireFlyer

Quote from: alexgv1 on September 23, 2012, 08:37:59 PM
That's a good turnout for the first one, the Europe ones are stuck on three members as well. Hopefully we'll be having more of these popping up over the world with more in attendance. What did you guys do, just catch a beer/coffee?

Dinner and drinks, and then I had to run to catch a plane. I think JumboShrimp and schro stayed for one more round of beers after I left.

ban2

I'm up for a meeting in Europe, but long notice is required.

fenwayair

Let me know if qnyone is planning another meetup in the tri state area.  i live in northern new jersey and would like to attend.....

Southern Sky

swiftus27

Im trying to see if there's enough interest to do one in the DC area next summer some time.